Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Barnsley vs. Everton - Wednesday 26th August - Capital One Cup Second Round - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones starting*
image.webp

Such a shame. Feck you Kenwright for not matching this lads ambition View attachment 13032
How can he though?? Seriously City/ Chelsea have spent a billion yes a billion to get where they are. How the hell can he match that ambition?? The RS cant and they earn triple what we do. It's no good blaming Bill, we all like to blame someone when things go against us but how do we, Villa Newcastle, Sunderland,Spurs, Liverpool compete with that? ALL OF THOSE HAVE BILLIONAIRE OWNERS yet we criticise a millionaire who does better than most of the others.

I know.....I am on my own here

I scoffed earlier at a suggestion not to boo him. Can't remember who but now I'm beginning to think they're right - we don't even know if the transfer request story was true.

We only know hearsay so until we know all the facts, we probably should show the lad that we'd like him to stay.

Booing is a weird thing to do anyway, regardless who it is.

Pennington started in centre defence against Leeds, think he will find it tough to break into our team there against Galloway, Browning , Holgate and whoever we buy. Surprised we didn't start with Browning at rRB but maybe he is being saved to cover centre halfs.

If they're gonna start such a weak team then why give Stones the satisfaction of playing in a game he will have looked forward to since the draw was made? What if he has a shocker tonight? Lots of fans will want him out then if lots don't already. Should've waited until Spurs on Saturday and played him then. Silly decision imo.

How can he though?? Seriously City/ Chelsea have spent a billion yes a billion to get where they are. How the hell can he match that ambition?? The RS cant and they earn triple what we do. It's no good blaming Bill, we all like to blame someone when things go against us but how do we, Villa Newcastle, Sunderland,Spurs, Liverpool compete with that? ALL OF THOSE HAVE BILLIONAIRE OWNERS yet we criticise a millionaire who does better than most of the others.

that's got nothing to do with the mountains of cash they "haven't" been given though. they've just spent it utterly woefully.

If they're gonna start such a weak team then why give Stones the satisfaction of playing in a game he will have looked forward to since the draw was made? What if he has a shocker tonight? Lots of fans will want him out then if lots don't already. Should've waited until Spurs on Saturday and played him then. Silly decision imo.

who would you have started instead to be honest?

Sometimes you just can't have what's in the sweet shop window and I found no amount of stamping my feet or holding my breath helped. Did turn me blue though

It's a cup competition we'd like to win and he's one of our best defenders. How many shockers has he had of late?

That really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back