Barrett-Baxendale: Champions League isn't a dream. I'm planning for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all have different question marks on them. People forget what a long time a season is now. I am gong to wait to see how teams fair once European football kicks in.

Spurs Chelsea and Arsenal are very shaky. Liverpool and United could also have an implosion.
Had a look at the fixture list is earlier and I expect the difficult December/Jan period to have a impact on all teams. Be interesting to see how we fair under Marco as we do have a bit more versatility in our ranks to combat fatigue, suspensions and injuries.

My own hopes for this year was to play attacking footy - that’s all, but I have been thinking we could overachieve this year purely down to other teams slipping up.

The teams you mention I’ve looked at and feel should key players become unavailable they don’t have equal quality to step in.

I feel we are well stocked to deal with roatation in almost all areas other than GK, RB and CM. Other areas look weak but we have players who will contribute - Just hope we use the squad as Coleman & Tosun need protecting as that’s were I feel without them backup options present the biggest gulf.

I’m a Tosun fan, so appreciate some won’t see it that way, but I do feel we have a chance of 6th this year - Hopefully higher, just wish the season doesn’t end in October.

..objectives are necessary but I don’t think it helps to go public. We had that with Kenwright and Martinez talking of top four. I like Barrett-Baxendale but keep the ambition in-house and do your talking on the pitch.

Alternatively, giving supporters a sweetener just before the first home game is a good move. Its clear that an important part of the 'project' is to keep supporters on board with the aims of the club. Confidence in the crowd transmits itself to the players,and confidence shown by the board will transmit itself to the crowd. Excellent PA as far as I can see Eggs, better than 'Lets not tell supporters what we're trying to do,in case we fail'.

Alternatively, giving supporters a sweetener just before the first home game is a good move. Its clear that an important part of the 'project' is to keep supporters on board with the aims of the club. Confidence in the crowd transmits itself to the players,and confidence shown by the board will transmit itself to the crowd. Excellent PA as far as I can see Eggs, better than 'Lets not tell supporters what we're trying to do,in case we fail'.

Agreed. Positivity breeds success.

Great piece. Just one pedantic point. We are not just over 125 years out of Goodison we are 140 years old this year. Surprised that this is not being celebrated.

I like her style otherwise.

Love the ambitions lets hope this works out. Did not realise she has been 8 years at the club good on her. Howver from reading that there does seem to be a bit top heavy with brass all those directors, are they needed?

I’d rather less talk and more action, tbh. Going on 5 months now since the stadium workshops.

I'm not following your line of reasoning here. Because a person sits down with a reporter for an hour or maybe even two hours, or even sit down for that time to write a piece for ESPN, they aren't putting the majority of their focus on other projects?

Great piece. Just one pedantic point. We are not just over 125 years out of Goodison we are 140 years old this year. Surprised that this is not being celebrated.

I like her style otherwise.

125 years since we moved from anfield which is what she was getting at I think.

I agree our 140 years should be celebrated though

Better than the days when Elstone would batten down the hatches, cancel the AGMs and let out only his annual blog telling us how well he’d done to get 85p in the pound to Finch farm and how 7th was actually us out performing the rest of the league. A CEO actually selling Everton out in the media as a club with genuine ambition? More of that please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back