Barsteward Clattenberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst refereeing of a match I have ever seen. Should have been two pens on Lescott btw
Without a doubt, I worked with 2 Liverpool fans at the time.. and even they said that if it was against Liverpool they'd have been furious.. still they laughed but it was the only time I ever heard them say that Liverpool got lucky.

The fact he keeps bringing this up says to me he has an unbelievably guilty conscience because he either took a bung and it’s eating away at him or followed a brief from the league like La Liga has/had for Real and Barca.

….yep, I always thought it dodgy. Gerrard & Carragher apparently taking him out a month or so earlier, him giving Hibbert a yellow then Slippy telling him its red. Slimy.

Amazing how many big games he was given involving the Reds. Double slimy.

Didn't Gerrard give him his shirt after the game?

I respect he came out and said he had a shocker and mismanaged it totally. He owned it and in hindsight can’t even believe his own decisions or how he missed them. Bygones.
I respect your respect, but would point out he was asked to view a video of the game not long after and said there was not one decision he would have changed. He should have been suspended immediately after that comment for admitting gross incompetence. Tells you all you need to know about all the bum chums at the FA.
To admit it about fifteen years later in some article is the act of cowardice, and frankly, sums him up perfectly.

Sure I saw a programme with him on and he had a signed Liverpool shirt hung on the wall in his house.

Definitely a FKW. Bet he wears his little Britany Spears headset round the house.

6B2053D3-50F7-4133-B483-807C935C53B4.jpeg

Worse performance from a ref I’ve ever seen in club football. His refereeing of the 2016 Cup final was a joke also.

He has tattoos of tournament logos of finals he’s officiated as the main man. This alone sums him up as a person.

I respect he came out and said he had a shocker and mismanaged it totally. He owned it and in hindsight can’t even believe his own decisions or how he missed them. Bygones.
Agreed.
I have always disliked him based on that one game alone.

However, at least he seems honest in his assessment, others would have tried to justify their decisions and not admit their wrongdoing.

I respect your respect, but would point out he was asked to view a video of the game not long after and said there was not one decision he would have changed. He should have been suspended immediately after that comment for admitting gross incompetence. Tells you all you need to know about all the bum chums at the FA.
To admit it about fifteen years later in some article is the act of cowardice, and frankly, sums him up perfectly.
Probably right.. but better than never… as I say bygones.. at the time I was as livid as anyone.. bigger characters to hold a grudge over to be fair..

Status
Not open for further replies.