Bathroom installations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my bathroom completely redone last year, stripping out the old fittings, tiles and flooring. Drywalling (? I think), new tiles throughout, new bath, shower, basin and toilet, flooring fitted. Took from Monday until the following Tuesday but I'm made up with the final result. Cost, including all fittings and labour, just short of 5 grand but well worth it. I've got before and after pics if interested.

That's some toilet seat

Oh it is. It really is.

The difference between B&Q’s tile adhesive and Mapei adhesive from Screwfix is night and day. I used B&Q’s unibond ready mixed stuff (novice to tiling so wanted something originally to not go off quick).

Looked okay, left it a couple of days, still wasn’t right. By the 4th day I walked in it and the tiles bounced free with every step. 63282

The adhesive didn’t set or compress how I would have liked, it was like a wet sludge that wouldn’t grip or compress.

Used Mapei stuff and it was brilliant, mixed 5kg at a time so I could keep up with it without drying. Happy with the result from the floor. 63283

Guessing it was on a wooden floor, no flex in them ready mixs, plus you need powder for format tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back