BBC report on Everton crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see nothing wrong in the BBC‘s piece, if anyone thinks that the BBC have an agenda to do Everton Football Club down they are inflating the importance of the club. We are badly run relegation fodder we do not appear on their radar except as an interest piece. The next thing some people on here will say is that Liverpool FC treat us as a rival.
We have been run into the ground by an owner and a board over a number of years and those people are still in power within the club and continue to damage us.
I used to say that we needed a five year plan to get us back to the right end of the Premiership, unfortunately I am a man who can remember the disappointment of Jeff Astle scoring for West Brom in 1968, I am now resigned to never seeing Everton winning a trophy again, never seeing them in Europe again, never competing in a derby unless you count Tranmere.
The damage that has been done to this club is immense and will take years to rectify. I find the thought of watching Championship football in a brand new ground sitting in a stand named after the architect of our demise to be grotesque.

The BBC absolutely loving our situation. As the season draws to a close, they will dish more and more of this up.
They are relishing it.
That's the price you pay, when you allow a man like Bill Kenwright run the club into the ground for the past 23 going on 24 years.

We spent 600 million smackers to end up on the verge of relegation. Of course this is going to be a story. Kenwright should have been effed out the effing door, as soon as the King Dock project ended up on it's arse.

I’m in my 30s and I can’t see Everton or any other side outside of the top six winning the league. I know Leicester did it a few years back but that was a complete fluke and the league is much more competitive now.
The glory days are what they are, something to look back on. There ain’t much to look forward to bar a new stadium in the future.

I’m in my 30s and I can’t see Everton or any other side outside of the top six winning the league. I know Leicester did it a few years back but that was a complete fluke and the league is much more competitive now.
The glory days are what they are, something to look back on. There ain’t much to look forward to bar a new stadium in the future.
Sure what good is a new stadium to us in the championship? There's no point in having a nice and shiny new stadium, when the club is such a total and utter effing shambles imo.

We’ve never been the darlings. Ignore.

I remember a Football Focus in about 98 maybe possibly 99 and we'd gone on a run and they called us Razzle Dazzle and had a feature on us. Could have been 97 actually but that's about as positive a thing I've ever seen about us on the BBC. I'm sure MOTD after the Andy Johnson derby all they spoke about was how [Poor language removed] they were instead of us.

I dunno, I could see newcastle winning it.
But that's even more depressing.
And if the glaziers mess the Qataris around enough they could look else where and then that team could.
And every fan will be scrambling for Qataris to buy their club and just like the world cup, all the faux outrage will be set a side.
The premier league is the greatest sports washing show in town.
Sometimes I wish I could just switch off.

Status
Not open for further replies.