Beer, revisited

Must admit I bought them for the name. lol Glad I did, very, very nice.

110161_1.png
One of my favourites.

Kudos to the Spaniards. Found some great beer to go with their great food while zooming around the Iberian Peninsula.

Less impressed with the 2 or 3 French offerings I tried in Bayonne. Portugal was nice as well.

Kudos to the Spaniards. Found some great beer to go with their great food while zooming around the Iberian Peninsula.

Less impressed with the 2 or 3 French offerings I tried in Bayonne. Portugal was nice as well.
What do home-grown Spaniards favour beer wise ?

Three offerings :

Too sour for my taste buds :

450x450.jpg

Takes me back back when I first started drinking : Brown bitter with Forest brown ale, which I subsequently changed to Mann's Brown ale because it was the difference between night and day. Could drink this till the transfers come home.

17f966443a7c28b863bdb1c88a84da3e_raw.jpg

The bees' knees : Summer Bog from the Big Bog Brewery, they do some class ales.

What do home-grown Spaniards favour beer wise ?

The Craft Beer crowd - everyone seemed to have an IPA of some sort, either West Coast US or Hazy. I didn't try terrible much outside of IPAs/American Pale Ales as Bogota is largely hops deprived and my fave beers here wouldn't make the 90 day rotation in the US.

One of the breweries (well taphouse/restaurant, not actual brewery) I visited in San Sebastian - Mala Gissona - actually teamed up with the first craft place I visited in Porto, Letra on a joint project.

Galactic Sunrise from Cervecera Peninsula, Imparable from Basqueland and Sticky Hops from Gros were probably my Gold, Silver and Bronze... though the first two are pretty much tied.

Also had a couple enjoyable British beers from Cloudwater that the shopkeeper of Objectif - Malt in Bayonne, France suggested.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back