Beer, revisited

Had too many pints of this :

ViewImage.aspx

I always get told it’s better over the water. I love it here so might need to go over if it’s really better. Might be some gash marketing ploy to get me over there. Heard Dublin is expensive on the booze!
It is stupidly expensive. London expensive — pretty sure it was about £8 a pint

Some very nice beers today.

Never had a bad beer from the Big Bog Brewery. This has won awards and no surprise, it was delicious..

Big-Bog_Hinkypunk-6_16-247x320.png

On the theme of deliciousness, this was. Very impressed with the ales I've had from the Salopian brewery.

beer_731304
p

This was nice, I like stouts anyway but this had a lovely smokey aftertaste, one to look out for.

lancaster-black.png
The Lancaster Brewery has a great taproom if you ever get the chance to visit it. Lovely pies and pickled onions to complement the ale.
Took a bit of a risk on this:

View attachment 62555

Not crazy about wheat beers, or fruit beers much. But this 2.5% sessioner is lovely. Great barbecue beer.
They were selling it in Pi in Mossley Hill about two years ago and was great on the hot summer days. Saw it at the Food Festival as well, so I had a few.

I always get told it’s better over the water. I love it here so might need to go over if it’s really better. Might be some gash marketing ploy to get me over there. Heard Dublin is expensive on the booze!
It’s true. While it’s all brewed in Dublin, they ship it over to Preston Brooke in tankers while it’s in a concentrated form; they then add water over here.

I've actually cut right down on the ale in an attempt to get back into shape after doing my shoulder in, so I've only had the odd bottle here and there. But I've got a few days off so I thought, y'know what, I've done pretty well, gonna go and get meself a few beers.

I might have gone a bit nuts to be honest.....

View attachment 63418
all for one night? What is the Diplomatic bottle?

We went to Belfast last year and the Guinness was definitely better than we get in Edinburgh, save for one or two pubs. I don't know why.

It's not a drink that's easy to take care of I guess. The pipes have to be cleaned regularly. You can always tell Guinness that comes through dirty lines.

We plan to do the Brewery tour in Dublin. I mean, it's surely got to be a good pint there!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back