Beer, revisited

I'm jamming econo this month so to save the expense of my wayward self-indulgence I've been drinking beers that I've been [tugs collar] "cellaring" [mops brow] for some years. Last night I popped open this little number, a Maple Tripple by Lawson's Finest Liquids, a small, high-quality brewery in the Green Mountain State of Vermont. They make this beer once a year during maple season, and it's brewed entirely without water, being comprised instead of barley, hops, ale yeast, and maple syrup. This one was bottled in 2013, corked and caged, and I was pleased to find not a trace of oxidation. Instead it was deeply sweet, heavy, heavy maple all the way down. A really fascinating brew, and so intense that I had a hard time finishing it; at 12% alcohol it had an easy enough time finishing me. Many thumbs up.

c0B2YoP.jpg

I'm jamming econo this month so to save the expense of my wayward self-indulgence I've been drinking beers that I've been [tugs collar] "cellaring" [mops brow] for some years. Last night I popped open this little number, a Maple Tripple by Lawson's Finest Liquids, a small, high-quality brewery in the Green Mountain State of Vermont. They make this beer once a year during maple season, and it's brewed entirely without water, being comprised instead of barley, hops, ale yeast, and maple syrup. This one was bottled in 2013, corked and caged, and I was pleased to find not a trace of oxidation. Instead it was deeply sweet, heavy, heavy maple all the way down. A really fascinating brew, and so intense that I had a hard time finishing it; at 12% alcohol it had an easy enough time finishing me. Many thumbs up.

c0B2YoP.jpg

Sounds delightful lol

Are we all abstaining ? Some nice ales today :

From the Liverpool Brewery, 2.8 , steady but unspectacular.

d83bd9eca06c3e81510a798d1efaf889_raw.jpg

Consistent beers, 3.8 session beer, but nothing wrong with that.

beer-239702_24afa_hd.jpeg

Absolutely delicious, 4.8 , like Calvert- Lewin scoring a hat-trick in the derby, but it's not a fantasy. From Maghull, hopefully will discover more of their beers.

450x450.jpg

Here's my night-coffee this evening:

Someone left this at our house and I opened it--a very skunky pils that really hit the spot. I have no idea if it's a cheapo-beer (such as commissioned by COSTCO here in the USA) or something decent, but I quite liked it. If you're not into skunky pilsners then you will hate this.

Here's my night-coffee this evening:

Someone left this at our house and I opened it--a very skunky pils that really hit the spot. I have no idea if it's a cheapo-beer (such as commissioned by COSTCO here in the USA) or something decent, but I quite liked it. If you're not into skunky pilsners then you will hate this.

View attachment 67959
Aldi stock that one.

It's owned by a bigger German Beer company Bitburger which the likes of Bevmo stock. Bitburger smaller brands go to Aldi.

Generic IPA, too hoppy for me.

neewollah.jpg

Very nice pale ale, stupid name though, try to order this when you're pissed.

SalopianLeviathanPumpclip-795x1024.jpg

An OK stout ; the blurb mentioned 'notes of white and dark chocolate' ' to be honest it just tasted like a stout. A lot of breweries' stouts make this claim but I've only ever drank one that tasted of chocolate - probably because my tastebuds are buggered.

EEBE_2ZXUAAL45z.jpg

Are we all abstaining ? Some nice ales today :

From the Liverpool Brewery, 2.8 , steady but unspectacular.

d83bd9eca06c3e81510a798d1efaf889_raw.jpg

Consistent beers, 3.8 session beer, but nothing wrong with that.

beer-239702_24afa_hd.jpeg

Absolutely delicious, 4.8 , like Calvert- Lewin scoring a hat-trick in the derby, but it's not a fantasy. From Maghull, hopefully will discover more of their beers.

450x450.jpg
Are those numbers your scores out of 5 or have you got dodgy eyes?

Haven't had a Brakespear beer for ages, just don't see see it on cask often up here. This was nicely refreshing, will definitely try some more of their ales.

beer_1033

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back