Beer, revisited

Popped into the Roscoe Arms today and had a lovely mild. The downside was the outrageous price - £4.70 :mad: Summoning up all my indignation, I had three more. I have the will power of a pig at feeding time ; it was very nice, but the price was ridiculous.

I’d say that’s pretty cheap for a decent pint in the city centre.

My two suburban locals charge 4.60 and 4.80 respectively.

3.nothing abv though - is it still taxed that way ?

If it`s lower than 3.5% it`s taxed on the low band and also the Roscoe is a free house now too, so free of the beer tie.

I`d say you`re right, it`s very expensive for a pint of mild, even if it was a cracker.

I`m resigned now to paying the best part of a fiver a pint, I don`t like it, but I don`t want my locals shutting, so it`s just a case of biting the bullet.

Popped into the Roscoe Arms today and had a lovely mild. The downside was the outrageous price - £4.70 :mad: Summoning up all my indignation, I had three more. I have the will power of a pig at feeding time ; it was very nice, but the price was ridiculous.

Obviously that's expensive but they're probably a small brewery etc. my main issues are places that sell San Miguel etc for £5.50 or so. I don't drink it, but economies of scale would suggest it should never be that much and someone along the line, is making a lot of money. It's almost certainly not the pubs, too

Obviously that's expensive but they're probably a small brewery etc. my main issues are places that sell San Miguel etc for £5.50 or so. I don't drink it, but economies of scale would suggest it should never be that much and someone along the line, is making a lot of money. It's almost certainly not the pubs, too
San Miguel, brewed by Carlsberg, in Northampton, say no more.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back