Beer, revisited

giphy.gif

Must've been some great stuff.

To be clear I have never had and will never have creamsicle IPA in my mouth. I once tried a “cereal stout” that tasted like Lucky Charms and it was one of the worst beers I’ve ever tried and I just don’t have time for this stuff.

To be clear I have never had and will never have creamsicle IPA in my mouth. I once tried a “cereal stout” that tasted like Lucky Charms and it was one of the worst beers I’ve ever tried and I just don’t have time for this stuff.

I've yet to have a stinker from these frozen Northerners...

...and that is for Bud Light. These billionaires charge whatever they want, and they will get it. I am going to the Rolling Stones concert in Sofi Stadium up in Los Angeles in July. Ill take a picture of the beer prices. Probably about $17 or more for sure
You just don't buy beer at Busch. One costs as much as the ticket probably did from a reseller. The games where the weather is such that you actually want to go (late April, early May, September night games) tend to be below list unless the Cubs are in town.

They'll let you take (sealed) water and peanuts in, so you buy those at Schnucks for a fraction of the price and toss them in a cooler. Then you buy hot dogs as your only stadium purchase, if you're so inclined.

I've yet to have a stinker from these frozen Northerners...

Unibroue is one of my few favorites and they are an excellent brewer. I think I mentioned them in post #1 in this thread and La Fin du Monde is still one of my favorites. I also really like Prairie but some of their stuff is just too experimental. Ommegang is another favorite but I don’t know how strong their lineup is.

You just don't buy beer at Busch. One costs as much as the ticket probably did from a reseller. The games where the weather is such that you actually want to go (late April, early May, September night games) tend to be below list unless the Cubs are in town.

They'll let you take (sealed) water and peanuts in, so you buy those at Schnucks for a fraction of the price and toss them in a cooler. Then you buy hot dogs as your only stadium purchase, if you're so inclined.

Good to know, may take the family there in June and can’t afford a 2nd mortgage with the current interest rate environment

Good to know, may take the family there in June and can’t afford a 2nd mortgage with the current interest rate environment
Check current policies - it's been a bit since I've done it - but that's how it has worked for as long as I can remember. The kids are old enough that they no longer get excited about a night at the ball game, as they're not really baseball fans.

Unibroue is one of my few favorites and they are an excellent brewer. I think I mentioned them in post #1 in this thread and La Fin du Monde is still one of my favorites. I also really like Prairie but some of their stuff is just too experimental. Ommegang is another favorite but I don’t know how strong their lineup is.

Just bringing them up is making me lust for a Don de Dieu right now but it's not as readily avail for me here as the Fin du Monde for some reason.

Bare minimum for any beerhead..my reward for a 3-mile walk tonight.

53738054111_756048fb42_b.jpg
I went off the more 'lager style' beers for quite a while. I got well into the American style Pales Ales/IPA's, all of that stuff. Then somebody recommended this beer to me a couple of summers ago. My god what a masterpiece of a beer! I am never without a few of them in my fridge in the warmer months. A fine choice indeed!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back