2022/23 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely. We’re going to need the likes of Patterson, Cannon, Branthwaite, Mills and Garner to be the basis of a team if we go down. If Dyche picks Godfrey again I’ll seriously question his judgement and if he is the man to lead us next season, regardless of the league we’re in.
His judgement is shot - It was gone when the fanbase saw Maupay on the teamsheet for the Fulham game

He isn't the man to do anything - now or next year

Patterson might not be the answer long term, I don’t know, but at the start of the season he was putting in big tackles and passing a football about whilst getting forward to join in and help the attack… I don’t get how Godfrey who is fast but flat footed and bad on the ball and apparently now has lost the ability to put in a challenge was the better option.

I actually feel really sorry for Godfrey.

Dyche is chucking him under a bus here, I am sure Godfrey knows as well as we do that he’s no use at RB and is probably, as someone said in another post, a bit embarrassed that they are being picked ahead of Patterson and aware of how badly it’s going.

What can he do? He’s never going to refuse to play, or challenge Dyche about playing there. He just gets to go out there and be humiliated, and probably will again on Monday.

I actually feel really sorry for Godfrey.

Dyche is chucking him under a bus here, I am sure Godfrey knows as well as we do that he’s no use at RB and is probably, as someone said in another post, a bit embarrassed that they are being picked ahead of Patterson and aware of how badly it’s going.

What can he do? He’s never going to refuse to play, or challenge Dyche about playing there. He just gets to go out there and be humiliated, and probably will again on Monday.

He rubbish at CB as well. He probably being picked to defend set pieces

He rubbish at CB as well. He probably being picked to defend set pieces
Aye, I suspect his height and physicality was part of Dyche's reasoning, hence why Holgate was brought in too. But, Godfrey really isn't the answer.

I do, to some extent, feel sorry for him as he's being put in a rubbish position, yet I won't excuse him for not putting a tackle in - repeatedly.

Since COVID and his leg break, he looks a shell of the player he could have been.

Precisely. We’re going to need the likes of Patterson, Cannon, Branthwaite, Mills and Garner to be the basis of a team if we go down. If Dyche picks Godfrey again I’ll seriously question his judgement and if he is the man to lead us next season, regardless of the league we’re in.
Branthwaite has been starting regularly and played in a big European club Competition this season. There's no way he will want to downgrade to the English Championship. He will be one of the first out of the door unfortunately 😞

He
Patterson might not be the answer long term, I don’t know, but at the start of the season he was putting in big tackles and passing a football about whilst getting forward to join in and help the attack… I don’t get how Godfrey who is fast but flat footed and bad on the ball and apparently now has lost the ability to put in a challenge was the better option.
He wasn't the better option, dyche said he put him there because of experience. Clearly a balls up!!

At one point I was feeling sorry for him, in the same way I feel sorry for a mouse that my cat is playing with before she eats it. Then I remembered he is a professional footballer who plays in defense. Honestly, we could have put Begovic in as right back and his body positioning wouldn't have been worse. So easy to just knock it past him. I guess he's lost some pace, but even still, I think he's not in the right position 90% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back