Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

….this weakens us defensively. Not massively but I think his departure weakens us. Saying that, with 12 months left on his contract, it’s a deal that’ll suit all parties. It won’t take much to utilise that money to make us stronger, Issa Kabore at City has been linked and I think he’d be a terrific addition.

It’s an almighty bonus that Kabore hasn’t got his own thread :cool:
You should be relieved,you thought he was the second coming of Kevin Ratcliffe :D

Why wouldn't he be, nobody is paying £70-80m for him.

Just all the evidence of selling our best young players for beards mate.

Not to put a downer out there, but all these deals we are working on, if some get over the line, the pipper will need to be paid.

Not saying that’s necessarily Branthwaite, but I wouldn’t say it definitely isn’t either.

You should be relieved,you thought he was the second coming of Kevin Ratcliffe :D

…I did, I thought he’d be terrific. Physicality and pace at a time when we had virtually none. Let’s not forget, he received an England call not long after he joined but it was watching him in that game at RB it was glaringly obvious that he lacked the quality in possession to play at that level.

He was certainly not the signing I thought/hoped he would be but that’s the way it goes.

Best of luck to him. Really thought we had a player on our hands in his first season but some bad luck with illness and injury all mixed in with manager and club turmoil reduced his chances of nailing down a starting spot.

He's spent the last 2 years more coming in and doing a job, sometimes good, sometimes bad, but he has never lacked effort and commitment. Hope it works out for him abroad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back