2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
As he should be, in any environment other than a modern day football team you'd be ripped to pieces for going down to a nudge from a person a whole foot smaller than you and then crying about it. He's a disgrace, it's a shame we didn't still have Fellaini to give him a real reason to go down with one of his trademark elbows.

Totally agree, imagine him trying to impress a girl and she sees a video of him getting put down by someone the size of a ten year old and riddling around in "pain". You'd be wandering what the hell you're dating.

Inappropriate Behaviour
Such an ubclassy team Chelsea aren't they some of the stuff they did ( the constant fpuljny some of which was a disgrace) fabregas moving free kicks about. The crowd booing injured players ( siggy and richarlison towards the end ) morata flapping around like a seal tryna win pens and that fag rudiger blagging our little midget butted him and var would have had him sent off not mentioning they would have had abar 7 men

After all that actually don't mind Chelsea. Think it may be because I love hazard

It's not quite clicking for him in the final third (like Walcott) but his all-round play up until that is generally very good.

A few times on Sunday he got out-muscled which is to be expected so he probably needs to just sharpen up in terms of when he releases the pass, but it'll come.

If Gyfli is out, I'd play him central v Cardiff and bring Lookman in. There's a risk he could get crowded out in the middle, but he's more than clever enough to get out of those situations or draw a foul in a dangerous position etc.

If he plays in the centre he'd have faced better midfielders in Ukraine than cardiff so he'd be fine. Suppose we should try and look at the positives that he actually had golden chances at old Trafford and Stamford Bridge. Better than being anonymous as we never get too many chances at those grounds whatever year. It'll come, just maybe needs a goal or a proper special performance before he can relax. I think a lot of players are like that when they come over here to a new club,they try a tad too hard to start with.

Such an ubclassy team Chelsea aren't they some of the stuff they did ( the constant fpuljny some of which was a disgrace) fabregas moving free kicks about. The crowd booing injured players ( siggy and richarlison towards the end ) morata flapping around like a seal tryna win pens and that fag rudiger blagging our little midget butted him and var would have had him sent off not mentioning they would have had abar 7 men

After all that actually don't mind Chelsea. Think it may be because I love hazard
Don’t use ‘fag’.

As I said mate, for me, he can provide a similar role for this team that Pienaar did for Moyes, difference being he will have much better quality on the ball around him so ultimately it should give him more chance to shine as well.

He's the bench mark level of player we should be aiming at recruiting imo, have a team with 7-8 players of that ability level and the supplement it with 3-4 of the quality of say Pickford/Richarlison/Lozano? etc and it's top four calibre.

I agree with much of that. I think there's a chance Bernard could be even better than Peinaar, though it's certainly an apt comparison. We will have to see how he adapts to the league, but the lad was preferred to Coutinho a a young player. Very similar in style too, but a lot will depend how he adapts to the physicality.

I agree with much of that. I think there's a chance Bernard could be even better than Peinaar, though it's certainly an apt comparison. We will have to see how he adapts to the league, but the lad was preferred to Coutinho a a young player. Very similar in style too, but a lot will depend how he adapts to the physicality.

He will win us a load of free kicks
We just have to work on converting them

He may drop a clanger in a game every so often like those 2 misses v Chelsea and United but he gives us a level of composure and creativity in attack that none of our other wide players offer, he almost always makes the right decision in the final third, even though it may not come off at times, but he is alot more important to our attacking play than people think. I'd much rather keep him in the side than Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back