2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many players we have had over the past few years about whom someone has posted "there is a player in there"? Must be loads and they were and are crap standard. Unless we raise our sights from the players with hidden or invisible qualities to those whose qualities stand out, we will never progress and will remain a second rate PL club. Can't remember his name but we had one who clocked up a remarkable number of comments "there is a player in there somewhere". He came from some Spanish crap club and we got shut a year or so ago having made him a rich man.

The most naturally gifted player in the squad. Not scared to work hard either. Think he deserves one more season myself. There's defo a player in there and if you can't see that, then it's you who needs specs.
I agree with this, and I was really hoping that the major advantage of having a DoF like Brands is that the 'there's a player in there' decision gets sorted out properly. We either learn to take time, do different training, nutrition, worry about personal wellbeing, work on specific tactics. etc - Who is interested in the overall development of a player?

I wonder how many players we have had over the past few years about whom someone has posted "there is a player in there"? Must be loads and they were and are crap standard. Unless we raise our sights from the players with hidden or invisible qualities to those whose qualities stand out, we will never progress and will remain a second rate PL club. Can't remember his name but we had one who clocked up a remarkable number of comments "there is a player in there somewhere". He came from some Spanish crap club and we got shut a year or so ago having made him a rich man.

Err, but I've actually seen Bernard have good games for us.

Guess I must have a super power and can see these invisible abilities

Hes not a great for us to be honest, hes not worth the wage hes on for his contribution. He flatters to deceive our highest paid player cant be one who has one good game every 15 games. Its that simple for me.

Last edited:
we’d be lucky to get one good game in 15.

Hes a player who easy on the eye, but there has to be an impact and end product, there just isnt really and if everyone is being particularly honest he doesnt have the physical attributes for this league. We arent in a position to have a first sub or a squad players as our highest paid player, his wage to contribution push him to being a poor player and buy for us. You have to be that cut throat.

The most naturally gifted player in the squad. Not scared to work hard either. Think he deserves one more season myself. There's defo a player in there and if you can't see that, then it's you who needs specs.

The question is however is there a player on less than 120k a week who can get us more goals/assists and be more consistent on the pitch for less wages?

And the answer is yes - lads a massive drain on the wage bill when you consider Carlo doesn't even trust him to play much away from home so you're paying big wages for just over 19 home games a season.

He was worth a punt on a free, no doubt.

Unfortunately it's not worked out, move him on while we can get a fee.

Imagine he'd look half decent in Spain or Italy but will never make it in the PL based on what he's shown so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back