2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this never ever happened so I’m just going to stop reading everything you type from that sentence onwards.

Word?

Word?

He started the next 3 or 4 after that as well as the one directly before it so what on earth is your point? That he stunk the place out for all but one game of a season?

He started the next 3 or 4 after that as well as the one directly before it so what on earth is your point? That he stunk the place out for all but one game of a season?

He's also just linked a game where Bernard got a cracking write up.

Beyond parody.

I feel like people liked him so much off the bat that it could be 2030 and he could still have not produced more than a very modest return and we'd have people in here coming up with new ways to say he's a good player still. I don't get it but to each their own.

I genuinely thought this debate was dead and buried. After last season the majority seemed to at last acknowledge that he didn’t actually contribute anything outside of a few meters either side of the half way line..
But he is very likeable and played pretty well against Fleetwood (in the first half) so all that I guess is forgotten again. He did look a lot better centrally.. I’ll give him that.. maybe he has got over his issues of confidence and played in the right spot can contribute in the final third..

I genuinely thought this debate was dead and buried. After last season the majority seemed to at last acknowledge that he didn’t actually contribute anything outside of a few meters either side of the half way line..
But he is very likeable and played pretty well against Fleetwood (in the first half) so all that I guess is forgotten again. He did look a lot better centrally.. I’ll give him that.. maybe he has got over his issues of confidence and played in the right spot can contribute in the final third..
If West Ham put out a PL level midfield tomorrow and he still looks as good central maybe we can discuss it as an actual thing. Until then no reason to.

Nah not having it. He wanted to leave, we said no specifically because he was needed here and then he was never used and yanked out of the team within two games of finally getting a shot and being MotM level. That's completely on the club and Silva and he had every right to be pissed about it. Especially because the season away from RBL screwed his chances of making it there up to an extent as well, although he was dumb for not looking at his options when they switched managers.

I love Everton but I think part of supporting the club is being fair with criticism and on the Bernard vs Lookman front I still think the criticism is fair. Especially because we're still doing it! Bernard is taking the bench spot from Gordon. He's a scourge that we need to relieve ourselves from.
Scourge? It’s a bit strong a word that for one of our own isn’t it?

Bernard offers so much more than Lookman ever did in terms of workrate and cover - he is more of a midfielder than a winger. He is also way more skilled than lookman technically. Make no mistake I liked Lookman but he wasnt on the same page as Bernard. Gordon too is a different animal - closer to Bernard but he's still learning his craft - hopefully from Bernard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back