Confirmed Signing Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember him scoring for Brazil at USA 94 ⚽🇺🇸, and his famous ‘baby’ celebration. I’m surprised he’s still playing to be honest, but as we’ve got no money, I suppose we could do worse than a Brazilian World Cup winner, even if he is in the twilight of his career.

I remember him scoring for Brazil at USA 94 ⚽🇺🇸, and his famous ‘baby’ celebration. I’m surprised he’s still playing to be honest, but as we’ve got no money, I suppose we could do worse than a Brazilian World Cup winner, even if he is in the twilight of his career.
He posts on here now would you believe

How good is Beto?
Standing at 6 foot 4, Beto is a taller figure and has averaged 1.8 shots and 2.2 aerial wins across the duration of his career, as per WhoScored, but has hit double-digits across all four league campaigns of his career, including 22 goals across his two years in Serie A.

The 25-year-old also ranks among the top 20% of forwards across Europe's top five leagues over the past year for successful take-ons, the top 10% for clearances and the top 25% for interceptions per 90, as per FBref, illustrating his Richarlison-like tenacity and relentlessness that could slot into Everton's system seamlessly.

He has been lauded for his "quality" and intelligence by journalist Josh Bunting, and his ten league goals and 1.8 shots per match last term, as per Sofascore, were not bettered by Everton forwards Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Neal Maupay and Demarai Gray.

With journalist Sam Tighe also waxing lyrical over the ace's ability to "spook defenders", claiming that makes the opposition panic with his brutish presence and physicality, he could emulate Richarlison in his imperious former role at Goodison Park, and could perhaps finally restore some offensive verve to the Toffees' frontline.
Sign him Kevin.

We were one goal away from being relegated last season. I agree that there should be mid to long term investment which is what Chermiti represents, so our next signing should be for a striker who can see us safely through this season and next. Therefore what signing would you see as being the signing we can make that does that, but also has the upside you are referring to? i suspect your upside would take a few years to mature but contributes very little to the current season - we do not have that luxury.
I don’t think he’s nearly as likely to see us through the season as the price tag Udinese have on him suggests he is. That is the problem really. Genuinely he’s on the wrong side of the Che Adams line for me.

I don’t think he’s nearly as likely to see us through the season as the price tag Udinese have on him suggests he is. That is the problem really. Genuinely he’s on the wrong side of the Che Adams line for me.
I’d agree that, that’s the line in the sand that none of us should cross 😄

Bruh we need somebody for now, till the boy Chermo becomes YC7.
Then spend 10m on someone not 30m. That’s really all there is to it. If you’re spending 30m the player needs to either guarantee a high teens goal return or have the upside and age that might allow us to get a reasonable return on that money between his years of service and eventual transfer fee out of the club. Beto does neither. We can’t do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back