Confirmed Signing Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is we have no money!
We clearly DO have at least SOME money though.

We need a striker who can contribute *now*, and it won’t be some fantasyland sub-£30m high teens guaranteed goalscorer.

What it will hopefully be is someone who fits into the way we play, and means (irrespective of how many they personally score) our performances don’t go off a cliff as soon as DCL is out injured.

Did a quick search of Beto on Twitter last week and discovered that whilst Inter are laughing that they’ve signed Arnautovic, it “could have been worse, they could have signed Beto”.

And I read a whole thread about them laughing about Beto :lol: so convinced more than ever were going to sign him.

We need a striker who can contribute *now*, and it won’t be some fantasyland sub-£30m high teens guaranteed goalscorer.

What it will hopefully be is someone who fits into the way we play, and means (irrespective of how many they personally score) our performances don’t go off a cliff as soon as DCL is out injured.
This has never been about the players fwiw

No mate, 442.

Big micky Kegs like a young Baresi
Onana and Garner doing keep ups in the middle
Iwobi on loan at Stoke
Jimmy H and Dwight is alright like Messi and CR7
And Beto and Dom making Shearer and Sutton seem like Pepsi and Shirlee.

Everton, CL Winners 2025

Do you actually rate him then?

Do you actually rate him then?
Impossible to judge on Youtube, but what I see is a big strong fella who puts himself about and can strike a football.

Decent consistent digits, I think he looks ideal for us.

Yet to see any decent source mention anything more than a passing interest so far tho.

I agree we have money, we just don't have much of it and need favourable payment terms. It's probably why we can't agree a deal with Leeds and i imagine what will happen is we will agree a deal that is a small amount up front but maybe 5m higher than it should be with very achievable add-ons or a sell on % because that's the only way we can do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back