Confirmed Signing Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
download (4).jpeg

Or the sky darlings come sniffing
I’d say not likely until the summer. If he bags 15-20 goals then he could well be picked off but we’d be asking top dollar. Can’t see us entertaining any sort of bid for him in January. And he has a long way to go to prove himself in the PL before any of this becomes an issue lol

Certainly not going to get carried away over a decent performance against the bottom team in league 2. We will know more when he comes up against premiership defenders and see how he performs then.
For sure. Experienced PL defenders will know a bit better how to deal with his attributes. Although he’s clearly got more physical presence up top than we’ve had for some time which will hopefully be a good thing.

We can all talk about the way he took his goal, pace and hold up play etc.

But what impressed me the most is the way he took the game by the scruff. Appreciate it was against a League Two side, but the squad is devoid of confidence and he just came on with a pair of balls.

Seems like the type of lad that will just scrap with defenders even if things aren’t going well (which is what we need). Long may it continue.

Certainly not going to get carried away over a decent performance against the bottom team in league 2. We will know more when he comes up against premiership defenders and see how he performs then.
No need to get carried away. Proven against league 2 opposition and proven against Primeira Liga opposition and Serie A league opposition. With his physicality and pace I reckon he will give us at least what DCL will give us. He is not a shirker and bases his game on effort so will offer disruption as DCL does. If he can add some goals then that will elevate him above DCL

So glad he scored just moments after that awful shot. When he took that shot and the crowd sang 'what a waste of money' my son and I looked at each other and thought oh fook.. is he gonna be crap?
Great pace and strength for the goal with a delightful finish. Had he buried that header as well, it would have been serious stiffy time.
Could have had a debut hattrick on another day..

He looks like he’s going to be hot and cold tbh, which is a big improvement on cold and freezing which we’ve had the last 2 seasons.

Also looks like he has a red card in him too.
The way their little CB got bounced everywhere. Even got a foul called for not being as strong as our Lisbon Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.