2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beto knew from the off that Dom was the main striker, he’s happy no matter when he gets game time.

Dyche has done what Benitez didn’t, man managed him through the injury not rush him back first chance and he and the team as a whole are better for it. Honestly Dave you’re hatred of DCL is borderline sociopathic at times
I don't hate him. I just cant see a goal scorer there anymore.

Look at Beto's movement for that chance he had from an angle yesterday. The feller is getting to grips with this league and needs to be on the pitch.

I don't wish injury upon DCL but if he took a knock and was forced out for a short spell I'd be completely relaxed about it given Beto is there to turn to. He's much more of a predator than DCL.

Look at Beto's movement for that chance he had from an angle yesterday. The feller is getting to grips with this league and needs to be on the pitch.

I don't wish injury upon DCL but if he took a knock and was forced out for a short spell I'd be completely relaxed about it given Beto is there to turn to. He's much more of a predator than DCL.
He’ll get the game time, just not in Dom’s place. It’s working best as it is, Dom wearing defences down by being a nuisance (the goals will come) then Beto finishing the job off

Calvert lewin is not a natural finisher. If beto can prove he is, he will be good competition. I don't think beto has the control or work rate of Calvert lewin though, so it depends on what you want from a striker.

The reason the team works so well is in large to DCL. If you can't see that and think Beto would be a better option, you truly have a very low understanding of football.

The work DCL does off the ball, the way he is easily able to get us up the pitch, either by holding the ball up and bringing others in, or winning free kicks is the main reason we are having success at the moment.

If Beto starts, it puts the midfield and back under a lot more consistent pressure.

Beto cannot control a ball, he cannot hold a ball up, he's poor in the air. He cannot offer a route out.

Beto's strength is playing off the shoulder of a wide player. It doesn't suit Dyche's system, and in an ever evolving game, Beto's game is a very dated way to play. The team like it is now, encompasses that all have to contribute in all phases. Beto, up until to now has shown he isn't able to offer much if anything to the defensive side of the teams effort.

Calvert-Lewin is a monster of a centre forward for this system. His work is unbelievable. He's the perfect match for Dyche's tactics. He should have scored against Chelsea, but Doucoure got the rebound, he should have scored against Burnley, but for a very very good save, in which we scored from the resulting corner. Goals will come for him.

There isn't a debate to be had for Beto, to replace DCL.

I loved the two runs in behind that Beto made yesterday where he ran behind the left cb and behind the right cb, makes him hard to track and with his pace and power even harder to get back off the ball, decent effort with his left foot on the one he got on the end of as well

I think hea more of a goal threat than Dom is but I don’t think his hold up or link up play is as good so I can see why Dom is still getting the nod

Beto's strength is playing off the shoulder of a wide player. It doesn't suit Dyche's system, and in an ever evolving game, Beto's game is a very dated way to play.
He has a lot to work on at the top level but all his physical attributes and desire to run in behind is what made Haaland take the league by storm. He’s not outdated, he’s a very good alternative option to Dom

Beto will get a chance in time. But for now DCL is contributing a significant amount to a way of playing that sees the team score goals, keep clean sheets and win matches.

Others have told us relegation was a certainty twice in the last two seasons. They've said the players as a whole don't have the mental fight to give it a go after the 10 point deduction. I'm not sure they can really argue too strongly that their way of seeing things is more informed than Dyche's.

He’ll get the game time, just not in Dom’s place. It’s working best as it is, Dom wearing defences down by being a nuisance (the goals will come) then Beto finishing the job off
Then we're denying ourselves a goal scoring forward in favour of a man not scoring.

Calvert lewin is not a natural finisher. If beto can prove he is, he will be good competition. I don't think beto has the control or work rate of Calvert lewin though, so it depends on what you want from a striker.
I do. He's getting to grips now of what's expected.

If he plays against Fulham I think he'll score.

The reason the team works so well is in large to DCL. If you can't see that and think Beto would be a better option, you truly have a very low understanding of football.

The work DCL does off the ball, the way he is easily able to get us up the pitch, either by holding the ball up and bringing others in, or winning free kicks is the main reason we are having success at the moment.

If Beto starts, it puts the midfield and back under a lot more consistent pressure.

Beto cannot control a ball, he cannot hold a ball up, he's poor in the air. He cannot offer a route out.

Beto's strength is playing off the shoulder of a wide player. It doesn't suit Dyche's system, and in an ever evolving game, Beto's game is a very dated way to play. The team like it is now, encompasses that all have to contribute in all phases. Beto, up until to now has shown he isn't able to offer much if anything to the defensive side of the teams effort.

Calvert-Lewin is a monster of a centre forward for this system. His work is unbelievable. He's the perfect match for Dyche's tactics. He should have scored against Chelsea, but Doucoure got the rebound, he should have scored against Burnley, but for a very very good save, in which we scored from the resulting corner. Goals will come for him.

There isn't a debate to be had for Beto, to replace DCL.
Your analysis runs counter to everyone else who see that Beto is a close like for like replacement for DCL.

And you call my understanding of football "low".

Your analysis runs counter to everyone else who see that Beto is a close like for like replacement for DCL.

And you call my understanding of football "low".
Dave, I’ll be honest I wouldn’t call your understanding low, your understanding is next to non existent.

There is absolutely nothing similar between DCL and Beto.

Beto is so raw it’s actually cringe to watch at times.

….i don’t think either are particularly predators, Dave.

DCL leads the line much better in the system we play, we look so much more balanced when he starts. You have to get the ball behind the opposition defence to play to Beto’s strengths, something we don’t really do. Put him in on goal and he’s tough to catch but his finishing will always be erratic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back