2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beto has non of the qualities required to play in this Dyche side.

Doesn’t work hard enough. Cannot control a ball. Hold up play is non existent. Can’t bring others into play. He’s a poor fit for this side.

DCL works his absolute sack off up front, gets us up the pitch very well, is comfortable on the ball.

Only bigots and idiots think Beto is a better option than DCL.

….i wouldn’t knock Beto’s commitment or workrate, its just that his game is all about ‘being put in’. His pace and physicality make him a handful when he’s behind the opposition even if his finishing is ‘hit and miss’. Where he lacks is his back to goal play and all around lack of quality.

He’s a back-up striker who gives us more than we’ve had for a while but Dyche will be desperate to keep DCL fit.

Beto needs a skillful no. 10 to prosper, someone who can thread through balls for the big fella
to run onto. EFC as currently constituted are a non-possession, dead ball outfit, a counter attacking unit.
That's why the home record is so poor. Away from home, the team knows how to operate, has an identity
whereas it is unable to boss matches at home.

You can play through ball in a counter attack, in fact it is so much easier to play through ball in a 3 on 3, 4 on 4 situation where defenders are fully stretch and unable to cover all angles. Through ball is not exclusive to fancy tika buildup. It’s a myth.

….i wouldn’t knock Beto’s commitment or workrate, its just that his game is all about ‘being put in’. His pace and physicality make him a handful when he’s behind the opposition even if his finishing is ‘hit and miss’. Where he lacks is his back to goal play and all around lack of quality.

He’s a back-up striker who gives us more than we’ve had for a while but Dyche will be desperate to keep DCL fit.
I’d add that he doesn’t read the game very well, maybe he will improve the more he plays in the premier league, for the money he will eventually cost I think there were better and cheaper strikers to be bought.

Does it matter as long as it is an open and honest point of view, let’s be honest he hasn’t impressed many fans up to now and some of us are also saying given time he might improve.
That's entirely the point though..

The fella has been here 5 mins and only played bit-parts up until now. Nowhere near enough time to pass a proper judgment. 'He's awful' is, objectively, a really daft opinion at this stage...

Hardly played any minutes and people calling him an abysmal footballer. Nuts, but I suppose we love a moan don’t we?

His goal at the end of olex29 should be enough for anyone with eyes to see there is a player there, and his attitude and workrate are great - he’ll do fine for us and score goals with a bit of support.

Its just nice to have a decent option if DCL gets injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back