2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He only scored 11 last season in all competitions - not prolific, is he ? We just can't score - his miss was bad getting in the way of Godfrey's two efforts was even worse - the great lump - Bernie the bolt Wright me thinks .....

But Godfrey not a striker. Should never have signed him and no doubt will never get rid.

It was €30m so around £26m and if we sold him in the summer it would be at a large loss.

You Beto believe it … wouldn’t fetch 15m on current performances .

Not like he’s young either , he’s entering his peak

I still can’t get over the fact he looks like he is running with a stone in one of his boots

Clearly I’m in the minority but I think he’s being judged harshly because we’re all so frustrated we can’t score.
The header was point blank from Tarkowski heading back across the box and he didn’t have enough time to adjust his body.
The scramble was just a scramble, the ball never dropped properly for him or Godfrey, anyone who’s played the game knows how difficult that situation can be.

I’m far more upset with Calvert Lewin who is getting 70+ mins every game and not scoring than I am Beto for not managing to score in his short cameos.

Clearly I’m in the minority but I think he’s being judged harshly because we’re all so frustrated we can’t score.
The header was point blank from Tarkowski heading back across the box and he didn’t have enough time to adjust his body.
The scramble was just a scramble, the ball never dropped properly for him or Godfrey, anyone who’s played the game knows how difficult that situation can be.

I’m far more upset with Calvert Lewin who is getting 70+ mins every game and not scoring than I am Beto for not managing to score in his short cameos.

Yeah I wanna see Beto start and DCL be the guy that comes off the bench for a change. I get why Dyche continuoysly starts DCL as he is a tidier player and a known quantity in this league, but the whole point of signing Beto was to get another big target guy who can fit the system and take some of the burden off DCL. DCL has been off the boil for a while now so we just need to hand Beto a few starts imo.

He has been poor though theres no point in pretending he hasn't at times you wonder how he's made it to this level at all he looks so uncoordinated. I say that because I think a lot of what people have said is fair he really doesn't look like a 25 mil player at all and we're all going to comment on that but that doesn't mean he's a bust and we have to get rid of him that type of thing is over the top.

He looks like a donkey, however as others have stated until he's getting a proper chance I'm not going to judge him yet, still want to see him given a fair chance and a fair run of starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back