Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Chermitti looks to have a better set of skills to work with than Beto.

Just return him in the summer, if we loose money on it so be it, just make sure it’s not the 30m. Minimise it as best possible.

He’s never a 30m player. You'd find better in the championship for 5-10m, you would have to imagine he’s only been signed because of the structure of the deal, no one’s watched him and thought “he can play football” because quite frankly he can’t.

Just return him in the summer, if we loose money on it so be it, just make sure it’s not the 30m. Minimise it as best possible.

He’s never a 30m player. You'd find better in the championship for 5-10m, you would have to imagine he’s only been signed because of the structure of the deal, no one’s watched him and thought “he can play football” because quite frankly he can’t.
Bit early for that. He is in his first season and adapting. If he does adapt then great if not in time then get rid but I feel it is too early as of yet considering the playing time he has been allowed up to now.

Bit early for that. He is in his first season and adapting. If he does adapt then great if not in time then get rid but I feel it is too early as of yet considering the playing time he has been allowed up to now.
Doesn’t matter how long you give him.

He can’t control a ball.
He can’t pass a ball well.
He can’t head a ball well.
He’s offside by a lot too much.
He can’t press.

Way to many short falls to give him time, when you make a mistake you rectify it as quickly as possible.

Every one wants him to be successful, but realistically he’s way too raw. He won’t make a premier league forward.

Doesn’t matter how long you give him.

He can’t control a ball.
He can’t pass a ball well.
He can’t head a ball well.
He’s offside by a lot too much.
He can’t press.

Way to many short falls to give him time, when you make a mistake you rectify it as quickly as possible.

Every one wants him to be successful, but realistically he’s way too raw. He won’t make a premier league forward.
Like for like replacement for cenk tosun. Shame because I really want him to succeed but unless he improves rapidly there's no chance

They all said the same about garner….

I’d take a full squad of garners.

Given time maybe we say the same about Beto soon.

Being so far offside twice was concerning. Probably the 100th player in recent years I really want to succeed but all signs suggest he won't
The offsides are annoying and also happen too often with DCL.

There's two parts to an offside though and while the timing of the runs needs to be better the speed of thought from the passing players also looks an issue to me, they need to see the pass and release early to beat the line. They are a symptom of the hesitancy in our attacking play and not necessarily always the fault of the striker making the run.

You slugs were wanting Mykolenko sold not so long ago too. Players with no experience of this league can take time to settle. And the best environment for that is against a backdrop of no hysteria.

Sorry if that doesn’t feed your manbaby entitlement, lads.
Good example Myko. Just don't see it in Beto. Tidy finish for his ridiculously offside "goal" though

The offsides are annoying and also happen too often with DCL.

There's two parts to an offside though and while the timing of the runs needs to be better the speed of thought from the passing players also looks an issue to me, they need to see the pass and release early to beat the line. They are a symptom of the hesitancy in our attacking play and not necessarily always the fault of the striker making the run.
True, we must be the absolute worst in the final third. Weird because we went through a decent scoring streak.

I think chermiti again is another player I'd love to succeed but is useless

You slugs were wanting Mykolenko sold not so long ago too. Players with no experience of this league can take time to settle. And the best environment for that is against a backdrop of no hysteria.

Sorry if that doesn’t feed your manbaby entitlement, lads.
It's just bloody hard to adapt to the PL coming in from another country and certainly within our budget you're unlikely to find a guaranteed instant hit. The likes of Antony, Mudryk, Enzo have come in for 3-4 times Beto and none have exactly set the league on fire yet.

Good example Myko. Just don't see it in Beto. Tidy finish for his ridiculously offside "goal" though

Not comparable IMO.

Myko was only 22 when he was chucked in to replace Digne two years ago and actually did quite well in that first half season.

He fell away last season before coming good again this.

Beto is 26 and just looks appalling in my opinion 😞

That said, DCL seems to have fallen off a cliff so maybe it is time to hand Beto the main striker role for a few ganes and see if he has much about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back