Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not comparable IMO.

Myko was only 22 when he was chucked in to replace Digne two years ago and actually did quite well in that first half season.

He fell away last season before coming good again this.

Beto is 26 and just looks appalling in my opinion 😞

That said, DCL seems to have fallen off a cliff so maybe it is time to hand Beto the main striker role for a few ganes and see if he has much about him.
I'm thinking any player so isolated in this division will look terrible. As I said before we had goals in us previously

I'm thinking any player so isolated in this division will look terrible. As I said before we had goals in us previously

Very true.

But when Dom has the ball in space and with time he is looking awful as well.

His passing today was awful…..and when he had support in a great position today with McNeil free to his left he hitting a powder puff shot at goal.

We both know he would not be getting a start if we had someone Dyche trusted to step in and do better.

I think Chermitti looks to have a better set of skills to work with than Beto.

Just return him in the summer, if we loose money on it so be it, just make sure it’s not the 30m. Minimise it as best possible.

He’s never a 30m player. You'd find better in the championship for 5-10m, you would have to imagine he’s only been signed because of the structure of the deal, no one’s watched him and thought “he can play football” because quite frankly he can’t.

I’m afraid it’s nowhere near that simple.

I’m afraid it’s nowhere near that simple.
Just give Udinese 10m or something to take him back. It’s a waste but it would be a monumental waste to give them 30m and him a 4/5 year contract out lay.

It’s why we’re in such a mess. Signing sh#t on long hefty contracts. If we’re to break the cycle then just accept it’s not worked and marginal the loss asap.

Just give Udinese 10m or something to take him back. It’s a waste but it would be a monumental waste to give them 30m and him a 4/5 year contract out lay.

It’s why we’re in such a mess. Signing sh#t on long hefty contracts. If we’re to break the cycle then just accept it’s not worked and marginal the loss asap.

What, on top of the £26m we already owe them? Or somehow get them to write that off? So we’d have basically paid £10m to loan him for a season in which he was useless? lol

Very true.

But when Dom has the ball in space and with time he is looking awful as well.

His passing today was awful…..and when he had support in a great position today with McNeil free to his left he hitting a powder puff shot at goal.

We both know he would not be getting a start if we had someone Dyche trusted to step in and do better.
Dom is a crap striker. That’s it. How can a Pl striker not score once in 3 months

What, on top of the £26m we already owe them? Or somehow get them to write that off? So we’d have basically paid £10m to loan him for a season in which he was useless? lol
Obviously not as well as the 30m. Call it a loan fee whatever. Get Kevin to negotiate that’s what he’s here for isn’t he? A mistake has been made, but if Kevin is remotely good he will accept its a mistake and rectify it quickly. By either negotiating with Udinese to return him and agreeing a fee for the season he’s spent with us, or find a buyer - which I think would be harder.

Sure 10m is a massive waste. But 30m, and a four/five year contract outlay is unthinkable considering the situation we’re in.

Just don’t have him back next summer.

You slugs were wanting Mykolenko sold not so long ago too. Players with no experience of this league can take time to settle. And the best environment for that is against a backdrop of no hysteria.

Sorry if that doesn’t feed your manbaby entitlement, lads.
Spot on
He’s a striker with pace and power who can hit a shot on target with power. Offside or not, who else in our team is hitting that finish yesterday on his left foot? Maybe McNeil but not on his wrong foot like Beto did!
He has attributes to work with, he needs training and game time and we’ll see more of it.

The part where any top flight club is paying £10m for a player that you deem this bad is funny, especially if he was there before because why would they buy him again if he’s that bad?

I think he’s raw but has pace, power and can finish probably one in three which is the best we’ve got.

Moving on from that though, a quick google says we gave him a four year contract at £50kpw so this isn’t the same as giving Sandro, Klassen, Williams, Bolasie, Bernard, Gomes, Dele, Rooney obscene six figure a week salaries

For context our biggest earners are Pickford 125k and Doucoure 130k and Dom is on 86k (if the links google likes are to be believed)

Obviously not as well as the 30m. Call it a loan fee whatever. Get Kevin to negotiate that’s what he’s here for isn’t he? A mistake has been made, but if Kevin is remotely good he will accept its a mistake and rectify it quickly. By either negotiating with Udinese to return him and agreeing a fee for the season he’s spent with us, or find a buyer - which I think would be harder.

Sure 10m is a massive waste. But 30m, and a four/five year contract outlay is unthinkable considering the situation we’re in.

Just don’t have him back next summer.

Udinese will be like “we don’t want him back, we knew he was cack, why do you think we wanted him gone”

Udinese will be like “we don’t want him back, we knew he was cack, why do you think we wanted him gone”
Exactly. But it’s worth the try.

We’re either lumbered with a player who will cost millions in wages over the course of his contract and likely be loaned out, or we attempt to minimise our losses and move him back if possible or move him on.

Cannon and Simms would have been better options - however the realisation of needing to sell them, should be greater indication of why we take the loss now on Beto instead of persisting with him.

Mistakes are made with transfers all the time, unfortunately for us, too often, realising the mistake and correcting it, is far greater than just sitting on it.

Exactly. But it’s worth the try.

We’re either lumbered with a player who will cost millions in wages over the course of his contract and likely be loaned out, or we attempt to minimise our losses and move him back if possible or move him on.

Cannon and Simms would have been better options - however the realisation of needing to sell them, should be greater indication of why we take the loss now on Beto instead of persisting with him.

Mistakes are made with transfers all the time, unfortunately for us, too often, realising the mistake and correcting it, is far greater than just sitting on it.
Oh mate, Simms has struggled badly at Coventry.

I'm afraid we're stuck with him. Only an idiot of a badly run club would accept what you are proposing and unfortunately the club that meets the description would be the proposer here.

Sorry mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back