2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's raw, but he's a real presence. He needs time to settle before we can be conclusive.

He'll be doing Calvert-Lewin the world of good too.

I'm enjoying that we have another number 9 for when Calvert-Lewin is unavailable, or for when we need another option.

I think if we had him last season we wouldn't have gone down to the wire to stay up.
This for me is the probably going to be the biggest catalyst for us. He's got competition, so must up his game to play, but also it removes so much pressure.

Physically, he isn't going to be expected to play all the time, which means we can give him time to rest and if there's even the slightest niggle there's no risk.

But more so, he knows that he isn't carrying the whole side's survival on his shoulders because, heaven forbid he does get injured, there'll be Beto to come in.

That probably removes a lot of mental pressure on his shoulders as injuries or niggles can be partly be in the mind. We also have Danjuma too!

I do think it's going to take him a while to get up to speed because the physicality he displayed in Seria A isn't going to have the same impact over here in the PL.

He needs to adapt and get use to how we play. My only worry is that there was a decent cross across the box yesterday, and he didn't seem to attack it.

I'm personally not seeing anything that others are mentioning here.

I thought he was supposed to be rapid yet haven't seen him sprint; I thought he was supposed to be brilliant in the air, yet he's winning about 50% of aerial duals at best; I thought he's supposed to be a decent finisher but he's already got at least 2-3 clear chances horribly wrong.

He seems to just plod around the field not doing very much.

Let's have it for what it really is: He must have been the only striker available on a no-downpayment deal that was willing to join us in our moment of desperation.

Not writing him off because he's barely played, but initial impressions aren't making me very optimistic.

I think that's quite a fair summary, and I hope he comes good because he appears to have a good personality and mature head on his shoulders.
So right! Moves before his brain gets in gear. At the moment, running round like a headless chicken. A poor "Lukaku" at present. Obviousley needs to improve in front of goal and his finishing. Hope im wrong but dont think he will make it in the Premier Lge. { Honest Appraisal }

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back