2023/24 Beto

Having him up top still allowed us to work off the system we use away from home.

Last season we'd have had Maupay up top and on Saturday and that ball would have just kept coming straight back where's having his strength and presence up front elevated the pressure.
Yep.

If we ever have injuries to both DCL and Beto I'd be looking to put Doucoure up there as an emergency striker to put himself about and play off. There's no way Chermiti atm is the obvious stand in under those circumstances and Danjuma could never perform that role.

It'd have to be 4411 with Danjuma playing in behind Doucoure.

Anyway, let's hope we don't have to face that reshuffle.

Just seen he's 2nd highest at winning headers in the prem ! Yeah he's snatching at shots ! but he's a blue ! lets support rather than writing off !

….what you see is what he is. He wins aerial duals but doesn’t get ahead of his marker to meet crosses into the box. He’s an erratic finisher, that won’t change.

His strength is his strength. Put the ball behind the CBs and he’ll cause them problems with his power and pace but he’s not nearly as effective as DCL in holding the ball up, laying the ball off, inviting fouls and relieving pressure.

He’s not worth £25m but he does give us some physical presence up top in DCLs absence even if he’s nowhere near as effective.

Just seen he's 2nd highest at winning headers in the prem ! Yeah he's snatching at shots ! but he's a blue ! lets support rather than writing off !
Can you show your source please?

I have this.

3333.jpg

….what you see is what he is. He wins aerial duals but doesn’t get ahead of his marker to meet crosses into the box. He’s an erratic finisher, that won’t change.

His strength is his strength. Put the ball behind the CBs and he’ll cause them problems with his power and pace but he’s not nearly as effective as DCL in holding the ball up, laying the ball off, inviting fouls and relieving pressure.

He’s not worth £25m but he does give us some physical presence up top in DCLs absence even if he’s nowhere near as effective.
I think it's unfair to say he's an erratic finisher at this point in time. He's obviously feeling the pressure of playing for Everton, but I think if he gets a tap in or 2, his composure will improve.

His erratic finishing might not change, but getting ahead of his marker to meet crosses is definitely something that can improve with the right coaching.

His erratic finishing might not change, but getting ahead of his marker to meet crosses is definitely something that can improve with the right coaching.

….possibly, but goalscorers tend to naturally make that move in front of their marker when the cross is being delivered. I watched him a few times and he tends to duck in behind his marker but as you say it’s an area the coaches will pick up on.

I agree with Eggs in that I think he's more dangerous running onto balls, he's not a like for like replacement for DCL at all, unfortunately the person putting those balls through for him could end up being Doucoure which isn't a speciality of his. I really do believe in the big man though, I think he will come right.