2023/24 Beto

Jeez- he’s had less than a full season, playing part time, in a squad with no playmakers to serve him, and a constant cloud of off field trouble, in a new league in a new country and new language, for a manager who has never been a good attacking manager.

Can we not eat our young, please? Can we give the man some room to grow? Haven’t we learned?
We’ve seen enough of him now to have a good idea of what level he is. He’s not young he’s 26 I don’t expect him to get better technically at this stage he just is what he is and that doesn’t have to be a bad thing he’s got a bit of speed and he’s quite strong and he’s unpredictable he’s never going to get close to being top class but he can be useful.

First full season, came into a basket case situation so I think he does deserve more time before we judge him.
I think his lack of real pace is the biggest worry.
Agreed, hes playing in a struggling side for a very poor manager, in his first season in the toughest league in the world.

His complete lack of technical skills is the biggest worry for me tho.

First full season, came into a basket case situation so I think he does deserve more time before we judge him.
I think his lack of real pace is the biggest worry.

Lack of pace?

When used on the counter with the ball played in front of him, he'll leave defenders for dead from the half way line to the opposition box.

The problem is we dont play that way which makes it all the weirder why we signed him.

I think he'll be a decent back up /rotation player that can make an impact. We've glamorised worse players over the last few seasons. Besic, Lookman and Vlasic spring to mind. Give him a chance in a better team and better situation next season (all being well)