2023/24 Beto

Sold Simms for £8 mil. Bought Beto for £40 mil. Dychenomics.
Everton Economics - Simms had to be sold to avoid a bigger PSR breach - no money paid last year for Beto - his fee will instead contribute to our 2025/26 breach as we go into Bramley Moore. Nothing learned from the Dele transfer.

Everton Economics - Simms had to be sold to avoid a bigger PSR breach - no money paid last year for Beto - his fee will instead contribute to our 2025/26 breach as we go into Bramley Moore. Nothing learned from the Dele transfer.
That’s not correct. Simms was sold in in 2023-2024.

Beto is paid his salary this year plus the amortization charge is 25% of the fee for 23-24. For PSR, it doesn’t matter when the money is actually paid, it’s when the transaction occurred.

So Beto will cost just as much (8 million or so) essentially as Simms fee.

Not that I think either are PL quality, but Beto was a huge swing and miss regardless of when his fee is paid.

It’s how predictable it was that makes this frustrating. I say that but maybe I’m underestimating just how crap he is. I was thinking he’d be merely below average. He’s clearly worse than Niasse.

That’s not correct. Simms was sold in in 2023-2024.

Beto is paid his salary this year plus the amortization charge is 25% of the fee for 23-24. For PSR, it doesn’t matter when the money is actually paid, it’s when the transaction occurred.

So Beto will cost just as much (8 million or so) essentially as Simms fee.

Not that I think either are PL quality, but Beto was a huge swing and miss regardless of when his fee is paid.
I thought it was £25 million we are due to fork out for him. The murky world of football finances might have confused me. Whatever the fee he's been a dreadful signing especially given our situation.

Nowhere near utilising his physical attributes. Should be bullying defences, staying on his feet and playing with some spite. Only got a free header because he was illegally free from defenders in space.

Hoping he’s still got a reasonable reputation in Italy so someone there might buy him back in the summer. Nowhere near good enough.

Yep, hope someone would be willing to loan him with obligation to buy for 13-15m and take the loss

Some of the misses are barely acceptable as I class it as at least he's in the right place at the right time, but his lack of ball control and his awareness of him being offside simply isn't good enough.