2023/24 Beto

It really wasn't a sitter.
It was fired last higher than his knee from 3m.

….its all about setting yourself to react, it’s what strikers do. Every inch of you is geared to putting the cross into the net. The number of times Bob Latchford would bundle that type of opportunity over the line because he was in control of the situation, expecting the unexpected. Beto doesn’t have that pedigree, his instinct is reactionary, ‘just reach the ball’.

It really was a sitter.

Last edited:
It really wasn't a sitter.
It was fired last higher than his knee from 3m.
You're not supposed to just wait til the ball is 5mm away from you before you think about putting the ball in the net though good strikers get themselves in a position to put that ball in however it comes its taking excuses to a new level blaming the delivery for chances missed from right under the bar.

He and Doucoure need to get onside. Basic forward play is racing back to get onside before the ball is delivered. Not slowly ambling in an offside position. Not sure if it's just laziness or a lack of fundamentals for this level
What slowly ambling? Both of them get to offside positions and hang on to them like the crown jewels. Maybe hoping the linesman wont notice or feel sorry for em or something.

TNT boots, I swear he tried to control a ball last night that came back at us harder than a clearance by one of their defenders.

Couldn't believe my eyes, if he can hit the ball that hard on purpose and sort of at their goal, one day he'll score a rocket.

We bought a striker from a club that would let us buy now and pay later. You get what you pay for generally. The recruitment team are buying with peanuts, it’s hard to blame them

100%. Some Everton fans can''t see past Bambi..
At least he scores his pens, Beto can't even do that - his back to goal play just is not there - I have seen Sunday league players with more attributes - The Strac & Bernie Wright were better than him ..... DCL when fit is all we have - this fixture last year Simms scored, so why let him go & sign Chermitti also ?

He knew where the net was ......

What worries me most, all teams around us can go on a early lead with their first bigger chance and us not, DCL against Bmouth, us vs Chelsea and possibly make the opponent a harder game.

Like Palace vs LFC or Luton vs Spurs.

Was prepared to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, new club, different country etc etc. I'm sorry but he is absolutely useless as bad as I have ever seen and that includes the famous Brett Angell.

He seems a nice lad and appeared to like Everton before he came with old photos etc with our shirt on. Really wanted him to do well but just isn’t good enough.
Second touch is a tackle unfortunately

We bought a striker from a club that would let us buy now and pay later. You get what you pay for generally. The recruitment team are buying with peanuts, it’s hard to blame them

But at the end of the day you still have to put this cost on the clubs accounts at some stage. A bit like Ben Godfrey in who actually watches these players to bracket them at 25m. You have to set your price and stick to it even if you dont get them. Godfrey and beto are £5m gambles at best. Everton have paid £50m
We're a selling clubs wet dream

He'll be on the loan carousel before Udinese have received their first instalment.

He's a perfect example of why Moyes would often end up deciding that spending nothing was better than false economy purchases on poor quality.

But at the end of the day you still have to put this cost on the clubs accounts at some stage. A bit like Ben Godfrey in who actually watches these players to bracket them at 25m. You have to set your price and stick to it even if you dont get them. Godfrey and beto are £5m gambles at best. Everton have paid £50m
We're a selling clubs wet dream
Well there is that too.

Not really sure why everyone seems to think he's the worst striker we've ever had? He's not even close.

The fella clear wants balls played on the floor in behind and we do not set up at all to do anything remotely close to it.

He also can score headers, case and point the disallowed goal. But again, we NEVER cross the ball and if we do, 90% of the time its either hitting the first man or over hit. I've seen 2 good crosses the past few months, the one from garner at home we scored from and young last night.

Its very clear his touch is awful, so stop rifling it in to him, get around him quicker so hes not having to hold on it. He's scored a goal against newcastle that DCL never has and never will do. Hes scored what 5 goals this season something like that? If he played all of those minutes DCL did during his run I'm pretty confident he'd of came out of that run at the very least with 3 goals likely more. Bare in mind he missed a pen aswell.

In the correct set up, he could easily approach double digits each year, which isnt great but its more than were getting off DCL.

DCL has missed just as bad sitters as Beto has during his time with us. I'm picking Beto over DCL at this point in time every week. I fancy him to score more than DCL.