Big Dunc - what a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want the next manager to be a winner and have a presence, understand what it means to be Everton manager and play for the club.

You can bring in an outsider with a nice little CV if you want.

Bet Swansea are glad they kept things in house.

Worked out boss for Newcastle last season as well

Think you might be on to something here

I think some people have a presence. There is a bit of a merry-go round of managers in England. Your Mclarens, Allardyces, Bruces etc. They're not bad managers by any stretch but they are not winners and in all honesty they don't really care much for the club. I'd be delighted to be a Swansea fan right now with him in charge. A real credit to the club.

Grrrrrrrr

You can tell from that he'd be a great manager. It's obvious. :coffee:

Thankfully I never said that nor would I be basing an opinion on goal celebrations.

Your illogical grudge against a club legend is petty and does you no favours in terms of credibility.

Ferguson won shed loads, fair point with that one

Will to win, fight, heart. You don't necessarily need 'medals' as a player to show that.

Phil Neville won loads, who'd you rather have as manager - him or Ferguson?

Who was the 'club legend' at Newcastle last season? LOL.

Well you could point to Alan Shearer a few years back, when they actually did get relegated.

But actually, i somewhat agree that none of us can say Big Dunc wouldn't be a good manager. But personally, I think he should learn his trade managing lower league teams before he managers a top flight club.

Well you could point to Alan Shearer a few years back, when they actually did get relegated.

But actually, i somewhat agree that none of us can say Big Dunc wouldn't be a good manager. But personally, I think he should learn his trade managing lower league teams before he managers a top flight club.

Worked out great for Shearer mate

Wasn't last season, was 6 years ago. Shearer had no coaching badges, had never coached any team at all, and came off the MOTD sofa to do it.

Ferguson is a totally different scenario in a million different ways, so really, a poor example that mate.

Thankfully I never said that nor would I be basing an opinion on goal celebrations.

Your illogical grudge against a club legend is petty and not befitting of a man of your elder age.

First of all, he's no legend.

Secondly, you're basing your view of him as our next manager(!!!) on the ground that some people said he was a good coach.

Great. Personally, I base my belief on whether someone's good at something if they actually have experience doing it. He hasn't and needs to get it.

The thought that this feller just has to wait until Martinez leaves to get the job is alien to me. How is that justified?

He obviously has a great affinity with the club which is big plus point, but manager ?? He's got a lot to prove before he can even make a short list.

He needs to go out and show what he can do elsewhere first. Being sentimental about former players because they get the club doesn't necessarily mean they would do a good job, and in general they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back