Big Dunc - what a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long has he been coaching now? You act like hes cleaning streets or something.

davek doesn't seem to value the coaching experience Ferguson is gaining at the moment, or the wisdom he is gleaning from Martinez. Which is weird, as he loves Martinez. You'd think davek would value someone 'sitting under Roberto's learning tree'.

davek doesn't seem to value the coaching experience Ferguson is gaining at the moment, or the wisdom he is gleaming from Martinez. Which is weird, as he loves Martinez. You'd think davek would value someone 'sitting under Roberto's learning tree'.

Didn't know that Marty had wisdom teeth.

Most clubs have that type of hiring policy thiugh. It's not peculiar to Everton. Only the elite clubs have dispensed with that because they basically have the cash to hire the very best.

Know exactly what your saying Dave but I think we have a trend on having ex managers who in general out of the ones mentioned have won us trophies such as Kendall, Catterick, Royle so I think that the current board would see a certain romance in that. Kenwright even admitted he interviewed Weir, Stubbs and Neville so it was something him and his mates had spoke about.

Keeping it in house doesn't have to be a disaster, though I understand your reservations mate ( we spoke about it during our crap run in the winter ). I can just see why a board would give Dunc a crack of the whip because if it was going tits up for whatever reason and he was brought in, at the very least it would galvanise the fans who would get behind him/team

davek doesn't seem to value the coaching experience Ferguson is gaining at the moment, or the wisdom he is gleaming from Martinez. Which is weird, as he loves Martinez. You'd think davek would value someone 'sitting under Roberto's learning tree'.
He's a con man mate. He's sitting there in the dugout giving the fist pumping bit and now he's putting himself in the media for interviews. He's trying to jockey for position for a job he'd not qualified to do.

As said, the feller got himself sent off and couldn't be arsed in our time of peril when we were hanging on to PL status by a thread. That's the reality behind the legend.

Also as said thoiugh: if he proves himself a capable manager elsewhere: fair enough, ket him throw his hat into the ring. But he cant just sit in behind Roberto and snide his way into being manager. What a joke that would be.

He's a con man mate. He's sitting there in the dugout giving the fist pumping bit and now he's putting himself in the media for interviews. He's trying to jockey for position for a job he'd not qualified to do.

As said, the feller got himself sent off and couldn't be arsed in our time of peril when we were hanging on to PL status by a thread. That's the reality behind the legend.

Also as said thoiugh: if he proves himself a capable manager elsewhere: fair enough, ket him throw his hat into the ring. But he cant just sit in behind Roberto and snide his way into being manager. What a joke that would be.

Pffft.

Know exactly what your saying Dave but I think we have a trend on having ex managers who in general out of the ones mentioned have won us trophies such as Kendall, Catterick, Royle so I think that the current board would see a certain romance in that. Kenwright even admitted he interviewed Weir, Stubbs and Neville so it was something him and his mates had spoke about.

Keeping it in house doesn't have to be a disaster, though I understand your reservations mate ( we spoke about it during our crap run in the winter ). I can just see why a board would give Dunc a crack of the whip because if it was going tits up for whatever reason and he was brought in, at the very least it would galvanise the fans who would get behind him/team
It would be a cheap option, that;s why they would do it...why any board of any club do it. Catterick, Kendall and Royle all managed elsewhere first before coming to Everton.

Dunc is my all time favourite player but I can't for hell work out how we can have the main man as a coach - yet two seasons on we still have Lukaku unable to win a ball in the air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back