Big Dunc - what a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourinho started his managerial career at Benfica. Without any real managerial experience.

Andre Villas-Boas is even more extreme example as he didn't even play football at all before becoming a manager.

What about Guardiola or Monk?

That should put that discussion to a bed.

Know exactly what your saying Dave but I think we have a trend on having ex managers who in general out of the ones mentioned have won us trophies such as Kendall, Catterick, Royle so I think that the current board would see a certain romance in that. Kenwright even admitted he interviewed Weir, Stubbs and Neville so it was something him and his mates had spoke about.

Keeping it in house doesn't have to be a disaster, though I understand your reservations mate ( we spoke about it during our crap run in the winter ). I can just see why a board would give Dunc a crack of the whip because if it was going tits up for whatever reason and he was brought in, at the very least it would galvanise the fans who would get behind him/team

It would. It would probably galvanize the players as well. Which is why it should only be a measure which would be deployed in an emergency.

Stuart Pearce had a galvanizing effect on players. Didn't work out well for him though.

It would be a cheap option, that;s why they would do it...why any board of any club do it. Catterick, Kendall and Royle all managed elsewhere first before coming to Everton.

Of course mate, that's a fair shout regarding it would be the safe/cheap/easy option and lets be honest Dave, do you expect any different with the current board as I don't.

If we were taken over by multi billionaires then I don't think we woukd be having this conversation as money can hire you the best coaches in the world. But in the right here and right now he would very much be an option for us. FFS Dave this lot gave Neville an interview for the job lol

Mourinho started his managerial career at Benfica. Without any real managerial experience.

Andre Villas-Boas is even more extreme example as he didn't even play football at all before becoming a manager.

What about Guardiola or Monk?

That should put that discussion to a bed.

No, it really shouldn't. Guardiola managed in the Spanish league with Barca B.

The only teams who hire off the bench are desperate cheapskate clubs.

It would. It would probably galvanize the players as well. Which is why it should only be a measure which would be deployed in an emergency.

Stuart Pearce had a galvanizing effect on players. Didn't work out well for him though.

Yep totally agree, I can see it happening in an emergency situation and then it would be up to him to either sink or swim. I've just mentioned in my latest reply to @davek that with a different board and us being backed with millions we wouldn't be having this conversation. Top dollar means you can get the best in, sack them and then get the next best thing in.

You cant have that type of character managing anymore. They are too aggressive for this day and age. It's a dinosaur way of managing.

If Ferguson is seen as a managerial possibility, I'm seriously throwing Stubbs' name in there too.

Tell me how Stubbs hasn't got the better cv? Go on.

If Ferguson is seen as a managerial possibility, I'm seriously throwing Stubbs' name in there too.

Tell me how Stubbs hasn't got the better cv? Go on.

Ex Everton player/captain - check. Managerial experience - check.

Ferguson has the advantage there only IF his is an Everton tattoo.
it's outline is startlingly similar to the silhouette of the shield we (amongst many other clubs) used to have as our badge, what more do you want ???? fkn diplomas or something ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back