Big Dunc - what a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's outline is startlingly similar to the silhouette of the shield we (amongst many other clubs) used to have as our badge, what more do you want ???? fkn diplomas or something ???

It looks more like the badge of the NYPD.

If Ferguson is seen as a managerial possibility, I'm seriously throwing Stubbs' name in there too.

Tell me how Stubbs hasn't got the better cv? Go on.

Stubbs in more qualified than Ferguson at the moment simply because of his experience. Can't understand how people don't get that.

Good player does not necessarily equal good manager. There are endless examples of this.

Stubbs in more qualified than Ferguson at the moment simply because of his experience. Can't understand how people don't get that.

Good player does not necessarily equal good manager. There are endless examples of this.

Some people had him as a hero, they want to transform him into something he's not for nostalgia purposes. I get it, I really do.

It'd be a disaster for Everton, IMO. But people are willing to take a risk. I dont get it.

it's outline is startlingly similar to the silhouette of the shield we (amongst many other clubs) used to have as our badge, what more do you want ???? fkn diplomas or something ???

Not sure he's got the right number on it or something. IIRC he got 9 on the tat and was given the number 10 shirt. LOL

dti52815.jpg

I find it funny how people can slate Big Duncs credentials yet support a manager of a big club like ourselves who got this job after relegating a side he had in relegation scraps year after year, signing quality players such as Gary Caldwell and Espinoza.

Would prefer a manager with experience and European pedigree tbh but Dunc would be no less a risk than Martinez

Sooner, or not so later I think Stuart McCall will either get a better offer or simply get fed up managing Sevco 5088 limited. It would be ideal for Duncan to go up and cut his teeth at castle Greyskull. working with the tribute rangers, void of cash, and taking that laughing stock up from the lower echelon of Scottish football, would certainly prove his worth as a coach, possibly even maybe making him a worthy candidate, the next time the Everton job became available. Also I think if Stuart McCall has any success with the zombies, he too (especially being an ex Toffee) could be a name as the next boss

Sooner, or not so later I think Stuart McCall will either get a better offer or simply get fed up managing Sevco 5088 limited. It would be ideal for Duncan to go up and cut his teeth at castle Greyskull. working with the tribute rangers, void of cash, and taking that laughing stock up from the lower echelon of Scottish football, would certainly prove his worth as a coach, possibly even maybe making him a worthy candidate, the next time the Everton job became available. Also I think if Stuart McCall has any success with the zombies, he too (especially being an ex Toffee) could be a name as the next boss

Erm....bitter much !?!

The feller's got nothing to put on the table. Nothing tangible. It's because he is who is and was a hero to some on the pitch that their judgment is clouded on the subject. Monk was a player that took the job on after the manager left and was - unlike most caretaker managers - a limited success (he's done nothing of note, btw except keep the plate spinning, so we'll see how that one pans out).

I'm utterly amazed that people fall for this fist pumping, kiss the shirt nonsense and believe it's something that should make a difference on a cv. In reality the feller was a liability on the pitch anyway. His indiscipline almost got us relegated and he frigged off from Everton in a huff only to beg his way back.

Sorry, I'll stick to tried and tested managers, not some spurious hero who has nothing of substance.

Well I can see you are not a fan! There does appear to be more of a trend from promoting within though. De Boer at Ajax (I think). Guardiola had never managed outside of Barcalona before that.

I think you do Monk a disservice as well. With a small club he has got them into the top 8.

This isn't a pitch for Duncan Fergusan though. It's more about the method involved having potential credibility.

Well I can see you are not a fan! There does appear to be more of a trend from promoting within though. De Boer at Ajax (I think). Guardiola had never managed outside of Barcalona before that.

I think you do Monk a disservice as well. With a small club he has got them into the top 8.

This isn't a pitch for Duncan Fergusan though. It's more about the method involved having potential credibility.
I'm not sure there's any trend there that wasn't already in place. Teams can and do promote from within.

Some are suggesting on here that this fact coupled with Everton's record of employing former players as manager means a shoo-in for Ferguson. It doesn't (or shouldn't) if the history of this club is a guide. All Everton's former player/managers went away first and gained experience. Britton, Bingham, Catterick, Kendall, Royle...the only outstanding one being Harvey who just happened to be the best coach around and was HKs right hand man in the glory days and therefore had vast experience at the top level.

As said, for Everton there is (or should never be) any short cut to the top. That would be a dilution of our standards, regardless of the methodology employed elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back