Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The part that bothers me most about this is him suggesting how difficult it is in this day in age. This club has refused to embrace analytics, use a director of football as primary decision maker, pragmatically set up a sell on strategy when such practices have been commonplace for almost a decade and are demonstrated by at least 2/3rds of the top division.

How long does it take to realize you are the culprit or large part the problem. Give the reigns of the club to contemporary football people and allow the vision of the club to be dictated by a director of football.

I know people feel sorry for kenwright and seen comments in this thread today saying as such.

The magnitude of the damage kenwright has done to this club over the years should warrant this level of anger. This is the same man who ring fenced funds and followed that by selling Rooney. Tried to move the club to Kirby , made transfer funds disappear and left a manager on the cusp of taking us the next level without a penny to spend.

Make no mistake about it, everything wrong at Everton has revolved around kenwright. Even now he is still involved in the club and the club is still faltering.

You want to know why we have been a mess for the past 5 years? Our owner has had bill in his ear this whole time.

As bill said not too long ago , other clubs look at us and see what would we do. Apparantly we gut staff and sell our best players before sacking the fella who's word we do it on.
The man is a cancer at this club. He has created and reinforced the culture of abject mediocrity that pervades and seeps into every rafter at Goodison. His greatest trick will be to appoint Wayne Rooney as manager, but his sentimental snake oil is beginning to curdle in the eyes of the more perceptive fans. If he leads us to the Championship, he'll utterly ruin whatever vestige of "good times" he thinks he granted to us plebs. His legacy will be set in stone: the man who relegated the unrelegatable. We no longer win the most leagues, or games, or even admirers. But we have a proud record as THE most present club in top flight football. Everton, like the poor, are always with us in the top division. Kenwright's reign could end in utter collapse.

62a8n0.jpg

Sums everything wrong with him in such a position if he truly believes what he says along with the excuses

Maybe Bill feels he is better on the inside looking out than on the outside looking in.

He has some small influence over an owner who has invested so carelessly and behaved so recklessly it is almost a wonder how he became so wealthy.

Crazy how he declined several takeovers to find the right person he believed to take over Everton

And he found Farhad F'in Moshiri a man who meddles in everything. At least if we had some weird Chinese consortium they would at least appoint the correct people and have no affection for jobs for the boys.

I am appalled at the situation we are in. Most worryingly, I can't see where we will pick points.

The part that bothers me most about this is him suggesting how difficult it is in this day in age. This club has refused to embrace analytics, use a director of football as primary decision maker, pragmatically set up a sell on strategy when such practices have been commonplace for almost a decade and are demonstrated by at least 2/3rds of the top division.

How long does it take to realize you are the culprit or large part the problem. Give the reigns of the club to contemporary football people and allow the vision of the club to be dictated by a director of football.

….being devils advocate & on my 4th rum, wasn’t Kenwright in Brands corner? Haven’t BK, DBB & Brands been an axis attempting to stop Moshiri’s interference in the DoF process?

I agree with the sentiment but I’m not sure of the scenario & apportion of blame. I don’t pretend to know the answers, just asking the questions.

Last edited:
Love how Bill gets blamed for all Mosh's mess-ups despite ample evidence him and Brands were trying to coax the Persian plonker into making sensible decisions!

Maybe Bill feels he is better on the inside looking out than on the outside looking in.

He has some small influence over an owner who has invested so carelessly and behaved so recklessly it is almost a wonder how he became so wealthy.
I can see now why Arsenal, kept him on the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.