Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you’re saying. I don’t think it’s all on him, the people who placate him at the club, local media etc
knowing full well that if these situations would be at another club then perhaps their point of view would not be so pleasant.

Moshiri, him, the board, managers, players etc. Collective responsibility.

I think his comments about the board being revered and having good times (his ego has had good times being a chairman of a premier league club) says everything really.

I just put myself in Kenwright's situation and think about the amount of shame I'd feel about the way things have gone.

I don't think his ego allows him to consider any reflection of the past 20 years in a negative light. You can see the look in his eyes when on the rare occasion he is questioned - he can't believe the temerity of the fans.

Other clubs phone Bill just to ask how Everton are so well run.
Oh I'm sure other clubs often do ring Bill to ask for advice on what Everton would do when faced with various problems. Its a very effective way to run a football club that, quickly established what Everton would do and then do the exact opposite!

Remember when he turned the City owners away

L
O
L

He said they turned us down because we didn't have a stadium in place.

According to Kenwright, Everton could have been the benefactors of Mansour's wealth had the Abu Dhabi group not have been put off by the club's failure to acquire a new stadium.

the article i read said the city owners would have been interested in taking over everton if we had a new stadium or plans to build a new stadium

its like me looking for a house to buy but it must have a swimming pool but the estate agent took me to a house with no swimming pool

city owners would never have been in a position to even make an offer to buy our club because we didn't have a new stadium or plans to build one at the time

the king's dock fiasco is on kenwright and potentially if that had gone through we may have had the city owners

He said they turned us down because we didn't have a stadium in place.

According to Kenwright, Everton could have been the benefactors of Mansour's wealth had the Abu Dhabi group not have been put off by the club's failure to acquire a new stadium.

Of course Bill would spin it the way of him trying to move us to Kirby not working out as to the reason we weren't taken over. Man's a fraud.

Catterick got a kicking at Blackpool for being a great manager. No wonder this fat old blurt keeps Bellow close.

Looks like we'll have to go down before he'll leave. And he'll go then because this myth that he perpetuates will have been exposed.

Of course Bill would spin it the way of him trying to move us to Kirby not working out as to the reason we weren't taken over. Man's a fraud.

But the entire story is based on him voluntarily bringing it up in an interview back in 2011. He didn't need to spin anything because no one knew about it until he decided to bring it up. I reckon it's more likely he was just outright lying and they were never interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.