Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
70% would probably give him a standing ovation next time he's in there.
I think that was certainly the case for a good while but there was a lot of people staying in that stadium to vent yesterday and even those leaving were fuming at the board and Kenwright. The threat to safety and Denise being attacked might play well in the media but it’s made a lot of blues absolutely furious .

I really don't think Moshiri came to this club as a motive to run a football club. Something sinister is going on a d would explain the obvious terrible executive decisions. Andy Hray questioned Moshiri's motives today on BT Sports. It's just all odd. Wish I could put 2+2 together. I just think there's a bigger picture.

Sorry mate but this attitude is why there is such a feeling of hate and lack of understanding around the club. You're basically saying Moshiri has spent the thick end of 500 million or perhaps more to try and take us backwards or down or whatever?

If he wanted to do that he wouldn't have had to spend so much, wouldn't have even bothered trying to get Ancelotti, certainly wouldn't be building on the docks - he would have stayed at Goodison or tried to build a cheap thing like the Kirkby Tescodrome.

Why he kept Kenwright on I can't say, we've only been in freefall since after Ancelotti left a year and a half ago, Lampard has been given time to turn it around and if he had of done maybe all would be rosy now. So perhaps Kenwright's review and axe would have been at the end of this season when it would be clear and obvious that we are not moving forward? Perhaps Kenwright is contractually safe in his position due to the terms of the sale of his shares. Perhaps Moshiri is just a loyal friend - it would be silly...but not a horrible or malevolent character trait.

I think that was certainly the case for a good while but there was a lot of people staying in that stadium to vent yesterday and even those leaving were fuming at the board and Kenwright. The threat to safety and Denise being attacked might play well in the media but it’s made a lot of blues absolutely furious .
I think one would have to be a little slow on the uptake or cognitively impaired not to have realised what Kenwright was up to yesterday with that statement. You are right. Many people who would be middle of the road on Kenwright saw the scales drop from their eyes yesterday. The clapping seals are a diminished bunch this morning.

You talking to Farhad? He isn't listening

It's quite obvious Usmanov wanted to invest in a EPL team so he got his accountant Moshiri to do it for him when Arsenal knocked them both back. BK sold them the fantasy that they could make a killing and we would become the new Man City and they had to keep him on as chairman. Only a few small issues like Moshiri and Usmanov know bugger all about football beyond what Bill and dodgy agents tell them so they wasted the investment and trusted a board that was long since beyond fit for purpose. And then a war happened in Russia...
It may seem obvious but I think there's a bigger picture to all this. It's incomprehensible someone would spend that much and leave someone to run a club who is not capable. This just doesn't happen on corporate multi million businesses. The simplest answer is Kenwright has managed to negotiate a contract yes you're right. But we need to think why he's so desperate to cling on. It can't just because of his ego and his salary. The whole saga is really odd.

Last edited:
Ian Wright last night “after all BK has done for Everton”. What’s he done Ian?

Invested in us? Nope
Won anything? Nope
Progressed us in any way? Nope
Made tens of millions from us? Yes
Dined out on our prestige for years? Yes
Turned away investors? Yes
Lied? Yes
Lied again? Yes
Lied again and again? Yes
Publicly embarrassed us? Yes
Painted fans as threatening thugs? Yes
Used his media influence to distort reality? Yes
Divide the fanbase with his presence? Yes
Sold any asset not nailed down? Yes
Nearly bankrupted us with debt? Yes
Involved shady shysters in the club? Yes

What a wonderful Evertonian William Kenwright is and continues to be.

Ian Wright last night “after all BK has done for Everton”. What’s he done Ian?

Invested in us? Nope
Won anything? Nope
Progressed us in any way? Nope
Made tens of millions from us? Yes
Dined out on our prestige for years? Yes
Turned away investors? Yes
Lied? Yes
Lied again? Yes
Lied again and again? Yes
Publicly embarrassed us? Yes
Painted fans as threatening thugs? Yes
Used his media influence to distort reality? Yes
Divide the fanbase with his presence? Yes

What a wonderful Evertonian William Kenwright is and continues to be.

He was only saying days before fans have the right to protest

How ironic that those same media outlets who championed the fans of those clubs who protested against the European Super League (because it suited their own agenda) are now slamming the fanbase at Everton for protesting against those who are gradually destroying us.

I’m just hoping it all evens itself out at some point. Could be a long time of course. Whilst I don’t agree with attack’s on the ceo and threats to the board (if true), I don’t like the way the club has handled it either. They knew exactly what they were doing which is causing more resentment.

If things were fine they could of simply come out and spoke directly on why that is the case. They didn’t. Probably because they can’t. So they do this, delaying information on possible criminal activity to character assassinate Everton supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back