Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow he's a Svengali type figure too_Over close to two decades he kidded vastly experienced fellow business men most of them multi millionaires and then a couple of billionaires.
two decades ? His mate were on the board for most of that time waiting on a return on the shares they bought to help keep him in power ? You only start supporting us this week or something?

Clueless….he was on the board, so he was culpable

Exactly. Also he was running the club. With those doing his bidding. Like Barrett-Baxendale

I've heard first hand that post Bill Kenwright's departure in October 2023, individuals in the club confirmed Kenwright had prohibited them interacting with individuals in the fanbase that had criticised him

That is just like what he did to Neville Southall

He excluded people. Bill Kenwright wasn't a unifier he was divisive and authoritarian. Totally unfit to be Chairman

Wow he's a Svengali type figure too_Over close to two decades he kidded vastly experienced fellow business men most of them multi millionaires and then a couple of billionaires.
Yeah you got that about right, you're doing a great job of not listening to anyone but yourself and not defending Bill Kenwright. Or you're on a little, pointless wind up. Have a nice day. ;)

No Kenwright, never had the personal money to buy Everton, he attempted to do so first time round when Johnson bought the club, but Johnson was successful. He then bought off Johnson with money loaned to him by the Greggs who wanted the new stadium which we could have had for a song.

Do you think the new stadium is a good idea? Well we could have had one for about £750m quick less back in 2004 only Kenwright looked the gift horse in the mouth with his blindfold on. Greggs then wanted out so he brought in various nefarious friends to buy their shares which also helped keep him in charge (listen to Paul Gregg’s recent interview) and then he sold every asset off Everton had to help fund the club because he didn’t have any. I know for a fact a number of interested parties wanted to buy Everton. He didn’t want this because he only wanted investment so he could stay in charge. He then tried to ‘export’ us to Kirkby off a pack of lies and exaggerated scaremongering.

Finally, he gets the investment he’s been after by he selling to this absolute loon who allows him to stay on so either 1) he is fully or partly responsible for the decisions that were made or 2) acted like a coward in not challenging or resigning at the way things were being conducted which enabled Moshiri to be his own worst enemy. Either way he is directly responsible for bringing him and complicit in subsequent dealing which included the manipulation of media to run a narrative that this was what success looked like for Everton now (the people’s club moniker and ‘knife to a gun fight’ mentality and this even extended to an orchestrated campaign to smear the fan base.

The guy was a cowardly, scheming, manipulative, egotistical, meglomaniac, parasitic chancer who ran everything on the basis he was ‘one of us’ and has done single handedly more damage to Everton Football Club then any single individual in the 146 years of this institution.

That’s why he is the worst thing to ever happen to us.

Agreed to all that.

Rights and Media Funding. All him. High interest loans. That meant removing him was difficult, even if he owned only 1.3% of the shares.

The pay off to Barrett-Baxendale size and level of it. Deeply suspicious as well.

"Agreed by the Directors"

With current Directors refusing to divulge it even to EFC Shareholders, which is illegal

That have a legal right to see the terms of the Director's severance.

Yeah you got that about right, you're doing a great job of not listening to anyone but yourself and not defending Bill Kenwright. Or you're on a little, pointless wind up. Have a nice day. ;)
I've not defended him I have only pointed out how distasteful it is seeing a dead man continually vilified. He seems that he pulled the wool over many experienced business people and fans over a long period of time. I can remember when this forum launched back in2007 and everything in Kenwright's garden was roses.Still I'm sure at a seance somewhere soon he can let someone know how upset this thread is making him.😉

I've not defended him I have only pointed out how distasteful it is seeing a dead man continually vilified. He seems that he pulled the wool over many experienced business people and fans over a long period of time. I can remember when this forum launched back in2007 and everything in Kenwright's garden was roses.Still I'm sure at a seance somewhere soon he can let someone know how upset this thread is making him.😉

Changes absolutely nothing regarding his behaviour, what he did and so on.

Not really mate, he should have been run out of town with the King's Dock fiasco, where finally the truth has come out. That was in 2004, so it wasn't as rosy as you are making out. Back to you're seance.

Changes absolutely nothing regarding his behaviour, what he did and so on.
As I say I'm not defending him. I don't look into the politics of football too much. It used to be a game now it's an industry. Just find it sad and at the same time funny that people are slagging off a dead bloke,as I said in an earlier post you might as well start on John Moores for letting his money end up at the pit. Anyway let's get ready to welcome our next saviour. John Moores MK2 or just another Moshiri?

Not really mate, he should have been run out of town with the King's Dock fiasco, where finally the truth has come out. That was in 2004, so it wasn't as rosy as you are making out. Back to you're seance.
So you mean the knives were out when we were 4th in the Prem.🤣

As I say I'm not defending him. I don't look into the politics of football too much. It used to be a game now it's an industry. Just find it sad and at the same time funny that people are slagging off a dead bloke,as I said in an earlier post you might as well start on John Moores for letting his money end up at the pit. Anyway let's get ready to welcome our next saviour. John Moores MK2 or just another Moshiri?

Everton doesn't need a saviour. It needs someone to run the club properly and to run it not just in one man's interest (as Bill Kenwright did). But in all stakeholder's interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back