Bill Kenwright

I don’t have to, or need to. I’m no search function wizard. We’ve all read and passed over loads of majorly grim Kenwright posts down the years. You know it, I know it and everyone reading here knows it.

All I’m seeing is you digging a massive hole for yourself tbh.

The trick with digging, is knowing when to stop.

You’re an Evertonian. You’re a long-term poster on GOT.

Pretending loads of genuinely horrible stuff wasn’t said about him before and after his death is stupid.

I’m not seeking it all out but it’s all there to read on threads down the years.
There's over 12'000 posts in the Kenwright thread, unless you have an extremely low bar for what qualifies as genuinely horrible I'd say there's maybe 20 posts in total that would have been immediately flagged to mods.

I said on numerous occasions that when he leaves Everton I'll have a fine bottle of wine.

Guess what? I did.

Not because he was dead, but because the position he'd clung into for years was finally vacant. A chance to start the long healing process. He'd been a divisive figure at the club for far too long and it was often to the detriment of other, bigger issues that needed the sole focus of the support.

He'd told countless lies to maintain his grip, the only thing that mattered to him was that it was known as 'his' football club. It didn't matter who owned it, so long as he was the face everyone outside of Everton thought of when 'Everton Owner' came to mind.

Some of the stories that came out since his passing have been really lovely, they showed a side of the man that some wouldn't believe. Fair play to him. Your anecdote yesterday about how he knows everyone's name was also nice. Sadly, in modern football it's completely irrelevant how in touch with the tea lady and cleaners the chairman is.

Whilst he knows everyone's name, he wouldn't tolerate even a hint of critisim, just ask the poster who's father was a Goodison steward for over 2 decades until he's questioned Bill on something club related.

He was a vain old man, he loved the spotlight, so long as it was flowers and applause, any hint of critisim and he pulled down the shutters. AGM? Cancelled twice on his watch as chair. Made up stories about headlocks to play the victim rather than face things on matchdays.

Am I glad he's dead? No. Not at all.

Am I glad he's no longer involved at Everton? I'm absolutely delighted. It's as good as a day out at Wembley.

Stop confusing the two.

As the song goes, things can only get better.

What's going on with this site????

stop-posting.gif

I always hated how he somehow got praise for the Moyes era,” they performed miracles on a shoestring budget” Moyes performed the miracles, kenwright was the reason the budget was shoestring. The delf Proclaimed best sales man Everton will ever have couldn’t find investment for 16 years.
I don’t think even that idiot Delph would’ve proclaimed him best salesman 🤣

You’re absolutely right though, he was the reason Moyes had to work ‘miracles’ not a contributing factor towards the positive

I said it before in this thread and I'll say it again. Dying does not evevate someone to sainthood. I have the same contempt for Bill Kenwright as I did when he was alive, his death doesn't change his actions. I have nothing but negative things to say about him.

Now, for any of the morons who seem to think that means that I take any kind of joy from his death, you're idiots who are utterly incapable of nuance so don't see that one can hold strong feelings towards an individual and still not want them to come to any harm.

There's over 12'000 posts in the Kenwright thread, unless you have an extremely low bar for what qualifies as genuinely horrible I'd say there's maybe 20 posts in total that would have been immediately flagged to mods.

I said on numerous occasions that when he leaves Everton I'll have a fine bottle of wine.

Guess what? I did.

Not because he was dead, but because the position he'd clung into for years was finally vacant. A chance to start the long healing process. He'd been a divisive figure at the club for far too long and it was often to the detriment of other, bigger issues that needed the sole focus of the support.

He'd told countless lies to maintain his grip, the only thing that mattered to him was that it was known as 'his' football club. It didn't matter who owned it, so long as he was the face everyone outside of Everton thought of when 'Everton Owner' came to mind.

Some of the stories that came out since his passing have been really lovely, they showed a side of the man that some wouldn't believe. Fair play to him. Your anecdote yesterday about how he knows everyone's name was also nice. Sadly, in modern football it's completely irrelevant how in touch with the tea lady and cleaners the chairman is.

Whilst he knows everyone's name, he wouldn't tolerate even a hint of critisim, just ask the poster who's father was a Goodison steward for over 2 decades until he's questioned Bill on something club related.

He was a vain old man, he loved the spotlight, so long as it was flowers and applause, any hint of critisim and he pulled down the shutters. AGM? Cancelled twice on his watch as chair. Made up stories about headlocks to play the victim rather than face things on matchdays.

Am I glad he's dead? No. Not at all.

Am I glad he's no longer involved at Everton? I'm absolutely delighted. It's as good as a day out at Wembley.

Stop confusing the two.

As the song goes, things can only get better.

Good post.

I disagree with the D:Ream reference though.

In my experience with EFC no matter how bad things are, they can always take a turn for the worse 😞

The fanboys are out in full, some of them are even avid Corrie fans, good to see they haven't wasted their lives and some are on a wind up, even air brushing history, with a yard brush. Still maintain he was the worst thing to ever happen to Everton. Maybe if their not watching Corrie or throwing around bitter accusations they could show us our trophy haul under Bill stewardship for almost 40 years, thanks in advance.

You mustn't remember Nyarko