Confirmed Signing Billy Crellin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, why not ?

Its the same as ur fans laughing and fuming when our young keeper was really bad at Reading, but Crellin was even worse for Bolton.

The scouts/coaches must have seen something in him.

We used to bring in a new keeper every Jan and for £200k its probably just a squad filler.

Weirdly Virginia is at Sporting and they may not activate the option to buy so we could have a few on our books by the summer.

He’s been bought for the development team i.e. to see how he develops

Literally nobody cares, if he makes it, good luck to the lad; if not, then he goes back down

Yes, I understand it mate.

Im just throwing my opinion of player that I do knopw a little about. Its not a highly rated, sought-after young lad smashing it at lover levels, thats why I find this very strange.

Good luck to every young lad and young player in football.

The scouts/coaches must have seen something in him.

We used to bring in a new keeper every Jan and for £200k its probably just a squad filler.

Weirdly Virginia is at Sporting and they may not activate the option to buy so we could have a few on our books by the summer.

Oh defo mate, he could turn out a star, and I hope he does.

Im just shocked & surprised with the signing, because its not a player that is massively rated, no big reputation for smnashing it at lower levels, and not sought-after by other larger clubs...its a proper punt, maybe its for number in that U23 group.....mayvbe he played well against us recenmtly I know that does happen too.

The seemed more chance of him droping out of football completely, at a pro level at.

Im not joking about how bad he looked at Bolton.....although did do well with penalties.

I know plenty about that level, I go to a few games at a couple of clubs and know few coaches at Chorley, and other NL clubs.
I have spoken to a few Bolton fans and their general response has been "why have you bought him?"

Not sure he had a great time there, but it's difficult to judge players on loan at clubs in difficulty.

I spoke to lots of Preston fans about Gordon last year and most were saying he wasn't that good for them.

Im just shocked & surprised with the signing, because its not a player that is massively rated, no big reputation for smnashing it at lower levels, and not sought-after by other larger clubs...its a proper punt, maybe its for number in that U23 group.....mayvbe he played well against us recenmtly I know that does happen too.

The seemed more chance of him droping out of football completely, at a pro level at.

Im not joking about how bad he looked at Bolton.....although did do well with penalties.
Maybe the coaching in lower leagues hasn't helped? He's represented England at most youth levels apparently so must have something about him. Perhaps with the higher level of training and better standard of players around him, the idea is to develop the attributes further?

don't we have like 78 GKs already? Why the need?

Joao should come back, he's a terrific keeper

Maybe the coaching in lower leagues hasn't helped? He's represented England at most youth levels apparently so must have something about him. Perhaps with the higher level of training and better standard of players around him, the idea is to develop the attributes further?

Hes been in the England youth sides up to u20 age group.

So @GlosBlue says, there must be a reason for that. Who knows?

If we sign as many keepers as possible, we will eventually unearth at least 1 of them as becoming world class ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.