• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Bobby Charlton. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember at the 95 cup final, I was down near the front and he walked past, round the pitch. Every single person I could see from both sets of fans applauded him. Said it all, and a moment which has stayed with me.
Spot on, he was a true warrior and gentleman of the game .

Times have changed, in football, a lot to learn, from the best of the past coupled with now.

But no denial,he was England's, greatest player, then Bally, who was the engi e room of that Team.

Lets, give credit where due,for that World Cup in 1966, for all the players, in the England, squad.

Thinking also, of Sir Jeff Hurst, the last of that team, left of 1966.

Where does time go?

UTFTs!

Yesterday was a very sad day for all Manchester United supporters , football rivalry apart this guy was a true great at Old Trafford and for England to , he survived Munich which i think still haunted him forever , i can remember sitting in the scoreboard end at the end of his time at United and watching in a daze RIP Mr

Yesterday was a very sad day for all Manchester United supporters , football rivalry apart this guy was a true great at Old Trafford and for England to , he survived Munich which i think still haunted him forever , i can remember sitting in the scoreboard end at the end of his time at United and watching in a daze RIP Mr Manchester United
Nice words mate 👏👏

Yesterday was a very sad day for all Manchester United supporters , football rivalry apart this guy was a true great at Old Trafford and for England to , he survived Munich which i think still haunted him forever , i can remember sitting in the scoreboard end at the end of his time at United and watching in a daze RIP Mr Manchester United
I was at Anfield in December 69 when United beat the dark side 4-1 a truly enjoyable afternoon Bobby Charlton scored a great goal and I think Best got one too.
RIP Bobby a true great when football was a level playing field sadly those times have gone for ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back