Bolton 1-2 Everton. 26th Jan @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's what underlies my frustration with the man -- he waits too goddamn long to make changes, usually resulting in the team not having enough time to get a winner or equalizer. It' one of the biggest reasons we drop so many points against teams we should be beating. How many times, after a dismal first 45 minutes, have you been pissed off no changes are made at the start of the second half? I know I have been more than a few times.
Don't we have the most points from losing positions of any team in the league (or tied with Man U)? That seems like a good guide of how effective his changes are to me but then again I'm no expert.

Don't we have the most points from losing positions of any team in the league (or tied with Man U)? That seems like a good guide of how effective his changes are to me but then again I'm no expert.

We had a run of 5/6 games of conceding in the first 15minutes of the game, we equalised alot of that time before half time, no changes were made.

You could argue that he isnt motivating them from the start. Swings and roundabouts.

What about when he didnt change anything and Norwich scored? then brought Vellios on.

His substitutions arent really defendable, his ethics, results and this season, his philosophy are, but his subs are something that bemuses many people sometimes.

We had a run of 5/6 games of conceding in the first 15minutes of the game, we equalised alot of that time before half time, no changes were made.

You could argue that he isnt motivating them from the start. Swings and roundabouts.

What about when he didnt change anything and Norwich scored? then brought Vellios on.

His substitutions arent really defendable, his ethics, results and this season, his philosophy are, but his subs are something that bemuses many people sometimes.

I still think the Heittinga one made perfect sense and was what was needed to make us a stronger team defensively and going forwards.

I still think the Heittinga one made perfect sense and was what was needed to make us a stronger team defensively and going forwards.
Yeah I remember a few odd "defensive" subs in the past which people moaned about ... then it helped us gain control of the midfield and go on to equalize/win. It's not always as simple as putting on another attacking player when behind -- sometimes that's not what you need to get control of the game. I can also recall him bringing on traditionally attacking players when we had a lead because they could play a role which would help us defend our lead.

We're also not blessed with the resources to have a great bench to choose from -- despite his poor form of late he is probably still the best player there. Not to mention how are we ever going to sell him if another manager is watching that game and he's not only on the bench but doesn't get a sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back