Bolton 1-2 Everton. 26th Jan @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleman had to go off but we had at least two defenders on the bench.

In a dour 0-0 game at Southampton, putting Anichebe on was a stunningly obvious move. But if Coleman hadn't gone off, how long would he have waited to make that move? Or would he have made it at all? My guess is no.

saw someone smoking weed on the terrace and then a group of guys doing coke on the train back from the ground, including one who had a kid with him

and the fight came out of nothing, someone just turned round and sparked this bloke because he was having a joke with one of his mates and then it all kicked off before it calmed down

At least I was discrete on the coaches to Sunderland!

You were not the only on this board that was livid with the change by any stretch.. In fact I was possibly the only one or certainly in a massive minority that saw any logic in it.

I was right there in agreement with the decision as well. And posted as much on here. We effectively sent Felli up and needed a big lump in midfield to replace him.

You're right what you are saying, most people were fed up because who it was against and that the championship side were dominating our first team. When he made the sub to try and hold on, it was probably correct as we was getting snotted in the midfield. But it was fooking embarressing.

True, we were awful, and it was embarrassing, even after Heittinga came on it wasn't exactly Barca, but it wasn't the defensive sub assumed.
It wasn't about holding on, it was about getting the upper hand, winning the ball more often and building better attacks, it was about moving our most effective offensive player into a more offensive position and just being a stronger unit all round. It worked and we won.
If he was being that defensive, Heittinga wouldn't of been on the edge of the area in open play.

You'd boo a win and praise a defeat? Sounds about right

Read my post again, for crying out loud. I will never praise a defeat nor boo a win; I said I'd praise Moyes for finally finding a set of stones and going for it instead of being so goddamn negative all the time. We. Got. Lucky. Understand? It won't happen that way very often. And I still maintain, over the long term, that Moyes' reluctance to make subs until it's too late is one of the reasons we drop points against side we shouldn't be, with appalling regularity.
The guy gets his butt saved and you think all is rosy. I'm looking bigger picture.
But it's clear we agree to disagree on this.

TBH any player on the edge of that box may have scored - is that JH's 2nd only goal for us ever - a vital one as we did not need the replay - I feel it was the logic of the sub, but Felli was having a mare in midfield, & he played a part by being in the box for the goal so DM got it right - the first thing JH did when he came on was to give a foul away!
Not ideal when you send yougster out on loan & play defenders in midfield like JH & PN!

nah he's got 4 or 5 for us I think
curler against Wolves(?) I think it was
Newcastle header
Tamworth header
Bolton

Read my post again, for crying out loud. I will never praise a defeat nor boo a win; I said I'd praise Moyes for finally finding a set of stones and going for it instead of being so goddamn negative all the time. We. Got. Lucky. Understand? It won't happen that way very often. And I still maintain, over the long term, that Moyes' reluctance to make subs until it's too late is one of the reasons we drop points against side we shouldn't be, with appalling regularity.
The guy gets his butt saved and you think all is rosy. I'm looking bigger picture.
But it's clear we agree to disagree on this.

Hahaha.. you argue like my missus.. your wrong, your wrong, your wrong but despite me pointing that out... lets just agree to disagree.
Your wrong about most of it above, but mostly your wrong about me seeing a bigger picture.. I take offense to that to be honest, its as if you think its the only time I have made a comment about Moyes or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back