Boss photos you've taken

Culex sp. The mozzie has almost certainly emerged recently from out of my small garden pond where there are hundreds more water-borne larvae.

greeneyes_4k_1800-XL.jpg

greeneyes1_4k_1800-XL.jpg

greeneyes2_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

There's no reason as to why a ladybird should have appeared in the darkness of my garden this late in September - but none the less, there she was, as I was out looking for spiders...

Just to set the scene - after finding her and taking the first photos where I spotted her - the resulting images against a deep dark black background from using flash at night was not overly appealing to me, so I decided to create a quick outdoor studio by plucking the leaf where she was standing, relocating it, and adding a printed background to match her colours.

By moving the card and changing the light position, aperture, and ISO, creates small differences to the various image results.

I'm no David Attenborough, but enjoy it if you can (and excuse my Lancashire accent!)

These are the edits:

leaf_lady01_4k_1800-XL.jpg

leaf_lady08_4k_1800-XL.jpg

leaf_lady07_4k_1800-XL.jpg

leaf_lady06_4k_1800-XL.jpg

leaf_lady03_4k_1800-XL.jpg

leaf_lady04_4k-XL.jpg

leaf_lady05_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

This is the detail of my personal design handmade poppy rosette I use these on the flamenco guitars … each little poppy is about 14x12 tiny squares of veneer which take me three days to assemble from different colour sheets if .5mm VeneerView attachment 139618
Thats lovely mate. I wanted to be a luthier when I was at college until I realised I had the touch of a caveman.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back