Boss photos you've taken

Say hello to the first frog in the garden this year - on a journey from the shed to the edge of the pond...

FG01_4k_1800-XL.jpg

FG02_4k_1800-XL.jpg

FG04_4k_1800-XL.jpg

FG05_4k_1800-XL.jpg

FG03_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Say hello to the first frog in the garden this year - on a journey from the shed to the edge of the pond...

FG01_4k_1800-XL.jpg

FG02_4k_1800-XL.jpg

FG04_4k_1800-XL.jpg

FG05_4k_1800-XL.jpg

FG03_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

I don’t look in this thread too often, I should do more regularly as it’s great.

The first post I looked at was this one and I thought, you’d called the frog Paul. Only when I scrolled back and realised you sign off with your name. I was thinking why has he called the frog Paul.

Nice photos mate.

I don’t look in this thread too often, I should do more regularly as it’s great.

The first post I looked at was this one and I thought, you’d called the frog Paul. Only when I scrolled back and realised you sign off with your name. I was thinking why has he called the frog Paul.

Nice photos mate.
You really should look through more often, and scroll back through. Some brilliant photos in here, particularly Pauls macro stuff.

FG01_4k_1800-XL.jpg

FG02_4k_1800-XL.jpg

FG04_4k_1800-XL.jpg

FG05_4k_1800-XL.jpg

FG03_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Here`s one for you Paul.

What is the small Bee called, that live in little colonies in the ground / grassy banks called and all seem to come out of hibernation at the same time ?

The only reason I ask, that when I`ve been out running recently, I`ve come across loads of little colonies of them - you can`t really miss them, due to the perfect little holes they leave in the soil on grassy banks and they all seem to be buzzing around, just above the ground together.

@COYBL25

They are possibly mason bees, they are solitary but you can see them in colonies (not nests). The red masons Bees re gentle, non-aggressive solitary bees that make their nests in hollow spaces rather than in hives.

Paul.

Cheers mate, just looked Mason Bees up and I think they`re the ones.

Really pretty little Bees.

They all seem to have emerged this week for some reason - maybe the sunny weather woke them up ?

Next time I come across a colony, I`ll try and get a photo ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back