Boss photos you've taken

Tonight, the wind is howling and gusting - certainly not the right conditions for night photography!

Didn't stop me though folks!

This is the Steatoda bipunctata (one of the false widow spiders, also known as the Rabbit Hutch Spider) on the garden fence wrapping up her capture - a hapless small froghopper.

steo_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Not so much a photo but a short video my mate put together last Sunday (when the weather was clear) of some city landmarks via drone for a walking tour I'm devising called "Merseystrider" - a tour that will take in 25 major landmarks and points of interest in Liverpool city centre. It's something I've been thinking of setting up for ages - as much promotion I can get as possible is appreciated.

Was buzzing off the footage he managed to get - just incredible this:

Not so much a photo but a short video my mate put together last Sunday (when the weather was clear) of some city landmarks via drone for a walking tour I'm devising called "Merseystrider" - a tour that will take in 25 major landmarks and points of interest in Liverpool city centre. It's something I've been thinking of setting up for ages - as much promotion I can get as possible is appreciated.

Was buzzing off the footage he managed to get - just incredible this:

More information on the walking tours:

https://www.guruwalk.com/walks/43955-merseystriders-free-walking-tours-into-the-heart-of-liverpool

That looks fantastic mate and I really hope it works out for you.

Having looked at your route, it`s quite a long time for the average person to be on their feet and bear in mind, that this is the type of thing that Americans love, who generally don`t like walking, unless they have too, so have you thought about putting in a pit stop somewhere, maybe around the halfway mark ?

That looks fantastic mate and I really hope it works out for you.

Having looked at your route, it`s quite a long time for the average person to be on their feet and bear in mind, that this is the type of thing that Americans love, who generally don`t like walking, unless they have too, so have you thought about putting in a pit stop somewhere, maybe around the halfway mark ?
Yeah I got an old mate who runs the Excelsior alehouse so that'll be near the end of the tour - I can shepherd people in there at the end like. Footfall for him and maybe a few leaflets/posters in the alehouse and recommendations from his staff to customers / tourists for me. Of which plenty are RS of a weekend but he's a blue taking their coin so win-win. Only worry is weather at the moment but come Spring and Summer it'll liven up a bit.

Yeah I got an old mate who runs the Excelsior alehouse so that'll be near the end of the tour - I can shepherd people in there at the end like. Footfall for him and maybe a few leaflets/posters in the alehouse and recommendations from his staff to customers / tourists for me. Of which plenty are RS of a weekend but he's a blue taking their coin so win-win. Only worry is weather at the moment but come Spring and Summer it'll liven up a bit.

Nice boozer ;)

Where I live, I regularly see the " Beatles Cycle Tours ", where a guide on a bike, leads a group of tourists, on bikes, around all the Beatles landmarks by us - Lennon and McCartneys houses, Strawberry Fields etc.

Maybe have a look at their website and pinch a few ideas ?

Another one to maybe look at possibly, would be the Beatles tours done by designated Black Cabbies - they`re always by us too.

If you could get these cabbies giving out flyers ? ( I`m sure they would for a bung ! )

Last edited:

Some old pics I've taken (she is my dog!)

He's In (no he isn't)
As Ohls..
Eira (it means snow but snow isn't this colour)

Attachments

• 53347537_10155707492600388_2792862746910130176_n.webp
    53347537_10155707492600388_2792862746910130176_n.webp
    85.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 81917288_10156319595460388_4832068817679024128_n.webp
    81917288_10156319595460388_4832068817679024128_n.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Beach.webp
    Beach.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 14
Taken on a run yesterday. This is the waterway behind the famous Chesil Beach / Jurassic Coast near Abbotsbury in Dorset. They call it the fleet and It is stunning.

I dont know if you can see the flying swans in the third shot who were going home to the famous swannery.

So lucky where I live.

20221009_170409[1].webp20221009_170728[1].webp20221009_170618[1].webp

I have the old version of the 55-250m IS lens - which is not the best quality, being one of the early lenses released by Canon (circa 2007).

So by this I would rate this lens a little underwhelming for the new R series (and other mirrored cameras!)

Anyway, seeing as it's the only zoom lens aside from the R10's 18-45mm kit lens that I have, today I took it for a spin around Preston Marina. These are from around the 1.7 mile walk around the dock.

Originally opened by HRH Prince Albert in 1892, the Albert Edward Dock was once a busy ferry port (part of the port that closed in 1981). The overhead crane was constructed in 1958 to lift the 100 ton lock gates, but is used rarely now for the occasional boat lift (never seen or known it lift anything while I have lived here!)

Processing on all these is through LR to a TIFF before finally being reduced and sharpened using a Greg Benz plug-in...

marina_a_benz_1800-XL.jpg

dragons_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

dinghy_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

marina_b_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

Pulleys_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

princes_reach_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

Old_man_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

I have the old version of the 55-250m IS lens - which is not the best quality, being one of the early lenses released by Canon (circa 2007).

So by this I would rate this lens a little underwhelming for the new R series (and other mirrored cameras!)

Anyway, seeing as it's the only zoom lens aside from the R10's 18-45mm kit lens that I have, today I took it for a spin around Preston Marina. These are from around the 1.7 mile walk around the dock.

Originally opened by HRH Prince Albert in 1892, the Albert Edward Dock was once a busy ferry port (part of the port that closed in 1981). The overhead crane was constructed in 1958 to lift the 100 ton lock gates, but is used rarely now for the occasional boat lift (never seen or known it lift anything while I have lived here!)

Processing on all these is through LR to a TIFF before finally being reduced and sharpened using a Greg Benz plug-in...

marina_a_benz_1800-XL.jpg

dragons_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

dinghy_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

marina_b_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

Pulleys_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

princes_reach_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

Old_man_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Pretty good zoom. You can see my pink socks clearly on that last shot. ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back