Boss photos you've taken

Yep. Gotta be careful swimming in Australian waters. They recommend to never swim on beaches that are not patrolled.

Up north in the tropics, there's not only sharks but also salt water crocodiles. Oh, and the Box Jelly Fish.

I thought so, as I recognised the map you put up from a documentary I watched about Great Whites.

Shark / Marlin fishing is on my bucket list.

The price for a day out on a game fishing boat is just nuts though !

I watched a fascinating documentary the other day, about how Bull Sharks, have adapted and are travelling hundreds of miles up rivers in the USA and causing carnage, due them being able to live in both and salt water.

I thought so, as I recognised the map you put up from a documentary I watched about Great Whites.

Shark / Marlin fishing is on my bucket list.

The price for a day out on a game fishing boat is just nuts though !

I watched a fascinating documentary the other day, about how Bull Sharks, have adapted and are travelling hundreds of miles up rivers in the USA and causing carnage, due them being able to live in both and salt water.
Bull sharks are problem here too in inland waterways. They come from the ocean up into salt water rivers & lakes on the east coast.

The Georges River runs at the back of my house, it would risky to go for a swim. Bull sharks have been sighted & caught around where I live - that's about 10kms inland from Botany Bay. You could swim in the river 100 times & never have a problem, but you could go in once & meet with an unhappy end.

Bull sharks are problem here too in inland waterways. They come from the ocean up into salt water rivers & lakes on the east coast.

The Georges River runs at the back of my house, it would risky to go for a swim. Bull sharks have been sighted & caught around where I live - that's about 10kms inland from Botany Bay. You could swim in the river 100 times & never have a problem, but you could go in once & meet with an unhappy end.

They seem to be taking animals in the States, rather than people - horses, cattle and even the odd dog.

You still wouldn`t go in the water though !!!

@COYBL25 It's interesting you ask about sharks. There have been quite a few attacks in recent years. A couple of months ago a teenage girl died in the Swan River in Perth. There was a particularly brutal attack in Little Bay a suburban beach in Sydney with tourists looking on. I think the victim was from the UK.

Here is a small Amaurobius ferox spider with lunch...

cranefly_meal_a-XL.jpg

cranefly_meal_c-XL.jpg

cranefly_meal_b-XL.jpg

cranefly_meal_e-XL.jpg

cranefly_meal_d-XL.jpg

Paul.

I had one of these after a Thai Massage, and it took me a while before I could walk properly again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back