• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Boss World Cups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked 2002, fat Ronaldo being boss, Rivaldo getting snipered by an errant football, can't remember too many games but I was glued to it throughout.

Last edited:
86 was boss as England was full of Everton lads.

94 was boss and I won 500 quid in a fantasy league tournament because of Petits late goal.

SCENES

I think the best of all time would be Mexico '70 or Italia '90 (Despite the defensive football there really were some cracking dramatic games in this tourney)

The one I enjoyed the most during my life time was USA '94. Even if the final was rubbish

Last edited:
Italia 90, without doubt my favourite

Mostly for the Mascot and the Coca Cola mini footballs we all had, Cameroon, the games being on at normal times, Pavarotti, the San Siro, Argentinian long haired strikers, Lineker having a poo on the pitch (someone find the YouTube video please), and last of all, being an England fan, supporting a bunch of men in tight shorts playing for your country, that you actually genuinely thought you wouldn't mind seeing win something. I think every other squad has always had a John Terry or someone like that

Still remember every game of that World Cup pretty much. Can barely remember a game from the last few competitions

1966 you meffs

PA-1211493.jpg

Wasn't the worst tournament ever but I think it's around the middle as far as the "all time" list

It's Wrestlemania 14 I think

To be honest, I pretty much love every tournament ever. Couldn't pick my fave as I turn into a right loon during a football tournament. Just picked that one for obvious reasons.

On a side note:

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PANNINI WORLD CUP STICKER ALBUM TO COME OUT

Me and a mate were 1 sticker off completing it last time. And for that reason I hate Denis Rohmmedahl.
TIT.

The first two WCs I followed were 1986 and 1990, and imo they were still they best and most dramatic I can ever remember.

What is it with England keepers in WCs?

Shilton raped by Maradona. don't care if he cheated, Shilton's a foot taller and shoulda laid him out
Shilton raped again in the 1990 WC semi final with that deflected goal
Seaman lobbed by Ronaldino to his eternal shame
Rob Green raped by Clint Dempsey 2010

sort it out!

2002 was an exceptional time for me.

I was 15, going out with me first bird, getting up early every morning to watch it. Great days.

We watched a South Korea game in school, our PE teacher let us watch it. That was my favourite followed closely by France 98.

Wish I was alive for Spain 82. Some of the players and highlights I've seen from that - it looked a great World Cup. Northern Ireland beating Spain, Keegan's miss from yards out, Socrates, Tardelli, Rossi, that Italy 3-2 Brazil game.

2010 was garbage but provided me with my greatest non-Everton football moment, when Landon scored in the last minute for the US to send them through. Boss that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back