Boxing

Haven’t got a chip on my shoulder when the fact the ufc and Dana the wife beater as compared himself to boxing for years and been demolished when he goes head to head against boxing. UFC great at self promotion and hyping a fight til it starts and it’s like watch a puff daddy freak off.

When boxing is at its best like tonight, the ufc or the many different organisations of mma can’t compete.

Trust me, I’ve been a mma fan since watching the likes of angel torres in the wec but boxing is the best complete combat sport on planet earth. Imagine going into any town centre in the country and some lad tries to get his Kurt angle or Ken shamrock on by putting an ankle lock on ya? You’d be like get in the bin whilst throwing hammer fists to his grid:
I enjoy both sports greatly. Dana and the UFC being an utter clown show and the UFC being diluted at the current time should basically go without saying though. I'm not personally interested in comparisons between MMA and Boxing and simply consume both as their own separate entities. As well as kickboxing, sumo etc.

I enjoy both sports greatly. Dana and the UFC being an utter clown show and the UFC being diluted at the current time should basically go without saying though. I'm not personally interested in comparisons between MMA and Boxing and simply consume both as their own separate entities. As well as kickboxing, sumo etc.

Boxing never tried to compete with the UFC. The UFC tried to compete with boxing but nobody is interested in watching people roll around on the floor. MMA fans wanna see toe to toe action like everyone. The ufc been great self promoters have done that over boxing but when boxing gets it right they can’t compete. Why? Cos people wanna see them go toe to toe. One thing mma has over boxing is if a fighters lose, they don’t get called terrible like boxers do. Boxing needs to learn from that

Boxing never tried to compete with the UFC. The UFC tried to compete with boxing but nobody is interested in watching people roll around on the floor. MMA fans wanna see toe to toe action like everyone. The ufc been great self promoters have done that over boxing but when boxing gets it right they can’t compete. Why? Cos people wanna see them go toe to toe. One thing mma has over boxing is if a fighters lose, they don’t get called terrible like boxers do. Boxing needs to learn from that
Have to agree with this. Out of all the MMA matches I've watched, the best ones are the ones where they stand and go all out striking each other.

Once they hit the ground and start grabbing and rolling around on top of each other, that's when I switch off.

'Grounding and Pounding' one another holds no interest for me. :oops:

Have to agree with this. Out of all the MMA matches I've watched, the best ones are the ones where they stand and go all out striking each other.

Once they hit the ground and start grabbing and rolling around on top of each other, that's when I switch off.

'Grounding and Pounding' one another holds no interest for me. :oops:

Dont get me wrong some of them BJJ and wrestlers are so talented but nobody wants to watch a P. Diddy party they wanna see fists to fists. Boxing doesn’t deliver but a poor boxing fight s better than a stand up mma fight. People just fall for the hype

Surprised Joshua was still going but you ain't getting up from that.

Offffff! That's game over mate!
cf4a1824-cbdf-438c-8581-e0513f9162ff_text.gif

bellew. "Lennox Lewis was very similar to joshua."

In that he didn't always prepare to face very very limited boxers properly and got caught with his fair share of sucker hail mary shots?
Did he really day that?
Lewis is possibly the best heavyweight of his era , and could box with the best of them .
AJ at his peak would be lucky to last more than four or five rounds.

Hopefully that's the ridiculous hype train that Joshua has been on since the Olympics derailed once and for all. He never was and was never going to be what he told us he was and the amount of people that jumped on it was embarrassing.

If he carries on hopefully he can do so without all the media trained BS act we've had to put up with.

Well done to DDD, I favoured Joshua to win but gave Dubois are bigger chances than most. He's still not a legitimate world champ in my eyes, and there won't be another one until Usyk retires or is defeated.

Hopefully that's the ridiculous hype train that Joshua has been on since the Olympics derailed once and for all. He never was and was never going to be what he told us he was and the amount of people that jumped on it was embarrassing.

If he carries on hopefully he can do so without all the media trained BS act we've had to put up with.

Well done to DDD, I favoured Joshua to win but gave Dubois are bigger chances than most. He's still not a legitimate world champ in my eyes, and there won't be another one until Usyk retires or is defeated.
DDD was robbed against Usyk, reckon he would KO him without any debate next time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back