Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Breaking News that nobody is interested in' ...

I've just nearly choked to death on a pork scratching.
Back in my salad days, on my OE travels around Europe, I was working in a bar in London and some bloke, in an indecipherable accent, asked for pork scratchings. Now, in NZ where I came from, there were no such item as pork scratchings, so I was a little nonplussed at his request. "Excuse me?" I said, to which he repeated his garbled instruction. To me it sounded like "a box of matches"...so that's what I gave him lol lol

Back in my salad days, on my OE travels around Europe, I was working in a bar in London and some bloke, in an indecipherable accent, asked for pork scratchings. Now, in NZ where I came from, there were no such item as pork scratchings, so I was a little nonplussed at his request. "Excuse me?" I said, to which he repeated his garbled instruction. To me it sounded like "a box of matches"...so that's what I gave him lol lol
Love itlollol

Holiday Update:The footy was shown on a big screen last night, with mad loud Arabic commentary. Salah shirts all over the place (I am in Egypt). Watched it with a welsh family from Newport. He is a united fan. He was drinking raki. I decided to drink raki also. I think we agreed to go snorkelling today. I have a hazy memory of laughing as we celebrated Bale scoring a stunning goal. I think I slept with an inane grin all night, and I have woken early. Missus and lad still asleep. I’m going for a run to sweat this raki out. Fantastic.

Did he choke on them or was he more than a match for them.

Holiday update:weather improved, clear, 37 degrees. Played footy against the Germans yesterday. Very competitive. We won. I didn’t score. Handshakes all round. I’m off to have go at archery in 20 mins. Never done it before.

A privately funded search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has ended.

US-based company Ocean Infinity had been using a deep-sea vessel to conduct a 90-day survey of a vast area of the southern Indian Ocean.

Still find it mad like that an absolutely massive plane full of unbelievable technology can simply vanish off the face of the earth.

They know it's there somewhere due to the debris that has been found and confirmed to be from the plane, but I guess the area is so vast that they'll have to simply somehow stumble across it one day.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back