Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Breaking News that nobody is interested in' ...

Picked a ton of rowan berries today ; makes a lovely jelly (as in jam without the fruit) and lovely with slightly fatty meats. Initially a bit fiddly getting the berries of the branches ( once cut, I use secataurs ; there's loads of trees around as local councils grow them, just wash them): but it's well worth it. You can add other fruit if you wish, alcohol adds a lovely taste, and you can vary the amount of sugar to taste.

A recipe, but there are many other online recipes.

Picked a ton of rowan berries today ; makes a lovely jelly (as in jam without the fruit) and lovely with slightly fatty meats. Initially a bit fiddly getting the berries of the branches ( once cut, I use secataurs ; there's loads of trees around as local councils grow them, just wash them): but it's well worth it. You can add other fruit if you wish, alcohol adds a lovely taste, and you can vary the amount of sugar to taste.
I haven’t had jam for ages! I usually get it when we go the lakes on massive scones

I haven’t had jam for ages! I usually get it when we go the lakes on massive scones
Now's the time to make your own ; apples , blackberries, sloes, rowan, hawthorn and anything else you can get. Just find a slightly countrified district or footpaths which usually have loads of fruit. Pick a sunny day and it's great exercise for a few hours.

When you first make it it seems a bit of a palaver, mistakes will happen, but it's well worth it. I made twelve jars of jam last week so that's a year's worth done. You do need though a very large pan.
Have a look here :

Bought an old Macbook for my lad off Ebay and it had a password still set up. Took about 15 minutes to work out how to get through the password only to find all his emails and pictures etc still on there. This seems a little suspicious to me.

1. We are contacting the seller for the password (if he can't provide it I suspect it's stolen as the seller is a differnt name to the accounts name), in which case will contact the previous owner from his own email which I think is likely to confuse him lol.

2. Apples have absolutely shocking security.

I am a complete apple noob with no coding ability, but had his account open in minutes. Had to type literally a single word to bypass the security. How is that right?

My football club is turning 50 and they are having a cocktail function to celebrate. About a month ago, someone decided it would be a good idea for some of us to form a band to play at it. Despite being very limited, I was roped into playing bass. We are a 6 piece and 4 of them have played bass in bands, so I can’t even pretend that I am good. We have had 3 rehearsals which are mainly choosing the songs and learning the songs. Today is our final rehearsal before we play in front of 250 people on Friday.
I am still trying to learn some of the basslines :oops:

My football club is turning 50 and they are having a cocktail function to celebrate. About a month ago, someone decided it would be a good idea for some of us to form a band to play at it. Despite being very limited, I was roped into playing bass. We are a 6 piece and 4 of them have played bass in bands, so I can’t even pretend that I am good. We have had 3 rehearsals which are mainly choosing the songs and learning the songs. Today is our final rehearsal before we play in front of 250 people on Friday.
I am still trying to learn some of the basslines :oops:
What's the weather like there toff?

Working in Mansfield this weekend. Just checked in to a rough pub with rooms upstairs. Sign on my door states: No bedwetting £50 fine. No vomiting in room or all over the bathroom £50 fine. The fella took us up to room has a tag on his ankle. Living the high life me. Now off for a few beers.

That's an automatic 50 notes tax for half this urine gushing forum.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back