Match Thread Brighton HA v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have very little going forward we are so reliant on one or two players it's even more exposed by injuries. Even our back up striker out where do the goals come from?

We’ve now taken 2 points from the last 12 available, which included games against Burnley (16th), Crystal Palace (13th), and Brighton (15th).

If you’re wondering how you throw away a chance at Europe... that’s how.
the squad is paper thin mate, you are right, we shouldn't be taking that few points from those games but we have an entire midfield out the #1 keeper out, top goalscorer and line leader out. When Alex Iwobi is on the bench (never mind the star on the bench) we aren't going anywhere fast. We played United and they brought on Cavani from the bench, now look at our bench today.

Obviously our bench is decimated because of injuries, but presumably the players out there aren't injured. There is no excuse for that effort level. What were the instructions from the coaching staff? Sit back and see what happens? Don't pressure and hope to get a counterattack? If that was the plan then they need to actually move off the ball.

Coleman and James were the closest thing to MOTM, but more as a best of the worst.

Olsen is too passive. Keane has massively regressed over the last several games. Godfrey has as well but at least isn't making glaring mistakes. Holgate has been a bit better recently, but is just very mediocre. Digne needs better players around him to do one touch passes and to overlap with, and he's not getting that right now. Coleman is doing very well considering what he has left in the tank. Davies has done okay recently. His effort is good but his football IQ is not very high. He can't seem to string together more than two good passes. Sigurdsson is incredibly slow and thinks he's an attacking version of Pirlo; that he can just touch the ball back to the player closest to him and direct the next pass with his fingers. It helps literally nothing. James is very clearly our most talented player, but you can't play him with other slow players like Gylfi, Gomes, Coleman, Davies, etc. Richarlison has massively regressed this whole season. His touch, passing, dribbling and movement have been atrocious.

This team is so disappointing, and unfortunately I'm not sure they realize it.

Just a couple of observations.
1 The same people that were talking up top 4 are now bitching. - If you actually watched any of our games this season you’d know it was never a realistic outcome!
2 Anyone who thinks it’s a disaster we’ve drawn at Brighton are disrespecting them and vastly underestimating our own issues. - Only have to look at our bench and some of our starting 11 for that matter.
3 To be fair we have been that unlucky with injuries it’s a joke!
4 We still have a lot of sh@t to get rid of and new and improved replacements coming in.
Finally the two best players for us tonight are who Carlo brought in. The other two are out. The future is still bright, I’m not surprised with tonight and nor should anyone else.

We’ve now taken 2 points from the last 12 available, which included games against Burnley (16th), Crystal Palace (13th), and Brighton (15th).

If you’re wondering how you throw away a chance at Europe... that’s how.
Spot on, any team with a realistic chance of getting into the CL are getting 7 points minimum from the 3 games you mentioned, we do that and we are on 55 points with a game in hand to go 3rd.

Don't understand the Briadhead substitution for five minutes. Absolutely no point should have been done twenty minutes earlier. Questions must be asked if manager for that

Spent most of the
The way I see Everton lately is us not being team orientated. We are a bunch of individuals that need time to find a pass. No fluidity at all. Like a bunch of strangers playing together
Very much so. Our play is so slow. However players like Tom davis, holgate, iwobi etc are getting regular game time. They are bang average players (sometimes very poor) who are not technically good enough to play at a higher tempo.

ffs....take 5 first teamers and another 5 regulars out of any team in the prem (barring Man City) and you'd do well to win any game at all. I don't know what people expected tonight but to be fuming at that makes me think either you haven't watched everton play or you don't understand football at all. That was pretty much what I expected given the available options. We aren't good enough with a fully fit squad, so with 10 players missing and many available players in unfavoured roles we can't be to peed off imo.
I think people are more fuming at the fact we are left with this shocking squad after all the money we've spent ... it's no surprise they perform the way they do ... we are all well used of it

Status
Not open for further replies.